Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kyrie Irving TV alert

Kyrie and top-ranked St. Patrick take on highly ranked Findlay Prep of Nevada today 1/18 at 3:00 PM Eastern on ESPNU.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/...tts-on-monday/

Thank you!

This is much appreciated. I had no idea.

I am really looking forward to seeing this kid's talents on the hardwood. I've read tons about him (how could you miss it around here), but I've yet to really witness it outside of YouTube clips. Here's to hoping I see a little No. 22. Just a little.

Anyone know if it's streaming online? I don't have espnu

I'm watching kendall marshall play right now on espnu and Jay williams is commentating, also i think i see Bobby hurley coaching one of these teams. Idk which one i just started watching.

Opps it's Danny Hurley not Bobby Hurley

Thumbs down

no sign of game on espnu. ole miss-tenn highlights

link to the game

cant find it on espn u! please send if you have it

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    no sign of game on espnu. ole miss-tenn highlights
    There are ~30 minutes between games at the Hoophall Classic and the last game went a little bit late. I'm guessing that the game will come on again when the teams are ready to come out... they advertised the game over and over again so I'm sure they will show it.

starting right now!

ok

please post a link when you can. i dont think i am in the right place.

Coverage has started now on ESPNU.

Nationally ranked #1 St. Patrick's (NJ) vs. #3 Findlay Prep (NV).

Kyrie is playing off the ball and is not getting too many touches. Gilchrist has been getting the ball more on the perimeter than Kyrie so far... weird. He did put up one 3 that he missed.

They just mentioned that Kyrie beat Jason Williams in a game of HORSE.

Wow, Kyrie just showed off his speed in the open court. He has long strides for a PG and is very fast when he gets going. He has very good body control. They are starting to run the offense through him more.

Cory Joseph has the best player on the court so far for Findlay Prep.

Kyrie has been solid, but Cory Joseph is lighting him up and has 16 or 18 points at halftime. I am not impressed with Kyrie on defense... he doesn't hustle back at all while Joseph has been pressing constantly. He also has not been moving his feet well. It's very surprising from a future Duke player, and I don't know if this is just a one game occurrence or part of a larger trend. I'm not sure, but I think Kyrie has something like 7 points... maybe 9. He's a very very good passer though and has a few assists.

What's the score of the game?

Yah, Kyrie's defensive effort has been pretty bad, even compared to the other players on the floor. His offense has been fine and it is easy to see how much faster Duke will be able to play next year.

The good news, effort and defense are K's two specialties.

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    What's the score of the game?
    42-34. Findlay is a lot better than St. Patrick's, despite their rankings. Findlay has already played 21 games this year, while St. Patrick's has only played 7. It also doesn't help that Gilchrist is limping up and down the court for St. Patrick's. I have no idea why Boyle hasn't taken Gilchrist out. Limping like that is terrible for the knees.

Kyrie heating up with 17 points right now on 6-15 shooting. Joseph is out of the game with leg cramps. Gilchrist has been solid despite his ankle injury.

One point game after the 3rd quarter. St. Patrick's had a really good 3rd quarter and Findlay went cold.

Kyrie is on fire right now and has 27 points. His offense is really something to see.

On defense, he forced a few steals, but overall, he has not been hustling. He's been out of position a lot, which is very frustrating to see.

Kyrie is really stepping up in the 4th quarter trying to bring his team back. He's really shown a good ability to get to the basket. Everyone compares him to J-Will...I wouldn't put him in that category yet because I think J-Will was a little more powerful and compact, but Irving is going to be a great player. Having 2 guys on the perimeter in Irving and Smith next year with the ability to get to the rim is going to be fun, not to mention also having Dawkins and Curry on the outside as well.