Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by striker219 View Post
    ...Old Testament, real wrath of God type stuff...Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling...Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...The dead rising from the grave...Human sacrifice, Duke fans and Carolina fans conversing like human beings...mass hysteria!
    Is this true?

Yes, it is true. This man has no Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBisonDevil View Post
    It is a know fact that wood benches burn brighter when UNC is a respected opponent.

Am I the only person who wants to play and beat UNC 4 times to Duke each and every year? This means UNC makes the NCAA 65 tourney.

I was at Duke during the Jason Williams years and it was not totally satisfying beating UNC teams that weren't topping the CBB ranks.
    I was just fine when we beat them three times and they didn't make the tournament.

Honestly, be careful what you wish for. When UNC is good, there's the chance that they're really good. Those folks who lamented UNC's struggles (in terms of the rivalry) got their wish over the past 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I was just fine when we beat them three times and they didn't make the tournament.

Honestly, be careful what you wish for. When UNC is good, there's the chance that they're really good. Those folks who lamented UNC's struggles (in terms of the rivalry) got their wish over the past 5 years.
    If it were not for the funk my wife goes into each time the holes lose, I would hope that they never win again.

Chapel Hill after a loss

I was at this game and I tell ya there is nothing sweeter than the sound of every single person (except for me) in Chapel Hill completely sad. You could hear a pin drop from a mile away.
    Last edited by cameroncrazy3104; 01-18-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cameroncrazy3104 View Post
    I was at this game and I tell ya there is nothing sweeter than the sound of every single person (except for me) in Chapel Hill completely sad. You could hear a pin drop from a mile away.
    I was also at the game.

Truly a wine and cheese crowd. They cheered twice during the comeback, and never provided any more emotion during the game.

Funny thing I noticed. The students are relegated to a couple of sections in the lower bowl behind the basket, and several sections in the upper bowl also behind the basket. The upper bowl student section was only about half full. Must have been 1500 empty seats. All of the paying seats were full, though (with pretty quiet customers).

I began to feel sorry for Tar Heel fans for about 45 milliseconds during the game. Then I caught myself and laughed out loud. HAHAHAH!

remember, this is the crowd that sat in their seats, clapped mildly, never raised their voices and left early FROM A FREAKIN KISS CONCERT to get their moca latte's

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    If it were not for the funk my wife goes into each time the holes lose, I would hope that they never win again.
    Sadly I can relate to this...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    remember, this is the crowd that sat in their seats, clapped mildly, never raised their voices and left early FROM A FREAKIN KISS CONCERT to get their moca latte's
    Wow. This may be the first time I've heard a Duke fan call UNCers pretentious (or at least something along those lines).

As a recent Duke grad, I can say that we also enjoy our tasty coffee beverages.

I hate to say it, but if the Dome is a wine and cheese party, what has Wallace Wade been for the past 7-8 years?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Wow. This may be the first time I've heard a Duke fan call UNCers pretentious (or at least something along those lines).
    It's not hard to find pretentiousness from The University of the People.

I hate to say it, but if the Dome is a wine and cheese party, what has Wallace Wade been for the past 7-8 years?
    Have you ever been to the Student Activities Center? It's a shrine to passive self-satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    It's not hard to find pretentiousness from The University of the People.
    While I agree that pretentiousness exists at UNC, I would find it hard to believe that they are more pretentious than us. As a student body - and I am only referring to the student body - Duke has an air about themselves in which they believe themselves to be better than most schools and carry themselves that way. I can't speak for the pro-Duke Durham crowd, but the student body is fairly pretentious. And, in all honesty, I don't view this to be a major problem.

However, calling UNC's student body more pretentious than Duke's is like Sarah Palin calling Biden too old when her running mate has standing right next to her.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I did undergrad at Duke, then did a year of post-bac pre-med courses at UNC and NCSU. Having gone to all 3, I can testify that both Duke and UNC have equally pretentious student bodies (though, given my relative GPA at Duke vs UNC, Duke's pretentious student body is MUCH smarter). The NCSU kids were some of the most down to earth people I've ever been around and a breath of fresh air.

condemnation of one group does not, by omission, abdicate some other group.

just because i am quick to ride the tarheel audience like a rented donkey does not in any way relate to the duke fans...

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post

I was also very satisfied when we (and everyone else) beat the stuffing out of them. I took to calling them "UNCG at Chapel Hill" and ate up every minute of it. I'm not sure I would ever get tired of watching them lose, but I'd love to try.