Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Honestly, I could easily be convinced that Mike Patrick is calling this game today while intoxicated. He seems to have very little idea of what is going.

Quote Originally Posted by devildownunder View Post
    Do I think he'd be saying what, exactly? All he and Elmore are saying right now is how awesome Gani Lawal is.
    At the moment he is, but he also went out of his way earlier to pull out the "luck card" and use it. I can't ever remember him doing that when Duke was on the losing end of the stick. Patrick, over the last several years, has seemed to me to buy into the "Duke gets all the calls" mentality that a guy like Elmore generally mentions on several occasions every time he does a Duke game. Just noting what I consider to be an inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue08 View Post
    Honestly, I could easily be convinced that Mike Patrick is calling this game today while intoxicated. He seems to have very little idea of what is going.
    And that would distinguish this broadcast from any of his others how, exactly?

let the choking begin. gt has let them weasel their way back into the game.. only up 8 5 mins into the second half
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

The officiating in this game is so one-sided in favor of UNC it's utterly laughable. Now 18 free throws to 4.

Meh, like how the Heel blatantly trips the Tech guy out of bounds on the fast break...Refs, no foul... ESPN... no replay... barely acknowledges it, and the comment is something about how "oh, well these things even out."

So different than if a Duke player had done something like that We'd have gotten 8 replays and missed the next two minutes of game time for a lecture on how that kind of play has no place in basketball.

And the beat goes on. The buzz cut ref is surely one of the worst in the league.

how about elmore talking about the basketball knowledge by the unc crowd when they were booing about Hewitt being outside the coach's box?

seems to me i have been seeing 'ol roy on the COURT DURING PLAY and nary a word about it
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Deon Thompson is a very weak player. when he plays against a team with similar size he folds like a cheap tent

I must say, I've watched a lot of ACC basketball since the 1960s, but I've rarely seen a more blatant display of the "Carolina Double Standard" than we're seeing with these officials today.

Quote Originally Posted by jjasper0729 View Post
    how about elmore talking about the basketball knowledge by the unc crowd when they were booing about Hewitt being outside the coach's box?

seems to me i have been seeing 'ol roy on the COURT DURING PLAY and nary a word about it
    Let's remember this is the same guy that complained about the Crazies chanting "airball". This should probably be expected.

Not a very smart coaching job by Hewitt. Big lead and rushing shots allowing a comback by the opposing team. Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Not a very smart coaching job by Hewitt. Big lead and rushing shots allowing a comback by the opposing team. Terrible.
    I'm actually not even sure if Tech has any set plays outside of the pick and roll...

i thought the tech set play was to get down court and jack up a three
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Jump ball! Jump baa... oh, no... changed my mind, thats a tech foul.

unc can only score on the FT line. The refs are trying as hard as they can to get them there.

Graves has hit some pretty clutch 3s though, ill give them that.

Tech was doing pretty good getting it inside beginning of the second half, but they were getting absolutely mugged and not getting any whistles... so now they're just chucking up ugly mid/long range shots.

Looks like Peacock is on the take for this game. Go Duke!

Come on espn, lets see a replay of that 'block'... i dare ya.

Geez tech. Got all impressed with yourselves.