Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Georgia Tech 73, UNC-CH 71

Watching this game. The 'holes look incredibly sloppy (like they did at clemson) and 'ol roy is looking pretty agitated. I'm also wondering how he gets away with being so far out on the court during game action all the time.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Aw shucks!

I love watching the holes get beat

Down 27-9 at home If they lose this game, I wonder if voters will still keep sticking them in the top 25 based on reputation.

10 TOs and 3 FG so far? U-G-L-Y

Enjoying the start - but will wait on the final outcome.

Go Jackets!

Ol' Roy needs to remind his team that the idea is to have more turnovers than points. Not vice versa.

Carolina cuts the deficit to 14, and the crowd goes wild. I could watch this all day! LOL.

why do i have a gut feeling gt will choke this one away?
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Marcus Ginyard

lol at you, trash talker

Once observation I think is really funny. Last week when Duke lost to GT there was some talk about lucky bounces and such. I didn't agree in totality with that assessment but there's no doubt the Yellowjackets did get some fortuitous bounces. Yet that was never even hinted at once by the announcers. Yet in this game against UNC where the same thing is happening, the announcer just mentioned that GT was getting lucky with some of the bounces. This kind of double-tongued announcing is what bugs me so much. It's like there's a different standard for Duke and UNC with some announcers.

Paul Hewitt hates winning

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Once observation I think is really funny. Last week when Duke lost to GT there was some talk about lucky bounces and such. I didn't agree in totality with that assessment but there's no doubt the Yellowjackets did get some fortuitous bounces. Yet that was never even hinted at once by the announcers. Yet in this game against UNC where the same thing is happening, the announcer just mentioned that GT was getting lucky with some of the bounces. This kind of double-tongued announcing is what bugs me so much. It's like there's a different standard for Duke and UNC with some announcers.
    especially when a few different bounces and the 4 point Duke game might be different while UNC is just getting beat, down 14 at half.

I'd bet there'll be more home cooking in the Dean Dome during the second half than there is in a week's worth of Paula Deen shows.

hud

Wasn't it Nessler and Bilas for Duke/GT? It's Patrick and Elmore for GT/UNC, completely different broadcast team. Why would you expect consistency in the comments?

gt didn't shoot a free throw until the second f-ing half
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    I'd bet there'll be more home cooking in the Dean Dome during the second half than there is in a week's worth of Paula Deen shows.

hud
    Yep--according to the box score on ESPN, in the first half, UNC was only awarded 8 free throw attempts. Of course, Tech had none.

where's the conspiracy talk?

So Mike Patrick just mentioned that GT has now taken its first free throw. And it's the 2nd half already. That means a physical team with a tough inside game went an entire half on the road without shooting a free throw, even though it dominated play. We all know the howling there would be if such a thing happened to a road team at Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by devildownunder View Post
    Wasn't it Nessler and Bilas for Duke/GT? It's Patrick and Elmore for GT/UNC, completely different broadcast team. Why would you expect consistency in the comments?
    I know, but tell me when you've ever heard Patrick be an apologist for Duke like he seems to be for UNC today. Do you honestly believe he'd be saying the same thing if it was Duke in UNC's place? If so, I've got some swamp land here in Florida to sell you.

I know, but tell me when you've ever heard Patrick be an apologist for Duke like he seems to be for UNC today. Do you honestly believe he'd be saying the same thing if it was Duke in UNC's place? If so, I've got some swamp land here in Florida to sell you.
    Do I think he'd be saying what, exactly? All he and Elmore are saying right now is how awesome Gani Lawal is.