(Your) One on One w. Coach K

In light of the really cool espn bit with Knight and K - if you had some time to sit down with Coach K and could only discuss 1 Duke game, which one would it be? I'd love to hear about the gameplan, timeout talk, what he said in the locker room before/after beating Xavier in the 2004 Elite 8. I'd also love to hear what exactly Deng said to the team at halftime.

I would talk about the 2001 Gone in 54 Seconds game. I would have loved to hear everything Jason Williams said in that huddle when he said, "we're not overrated, We're Duke."

I would want to hear about the final four game against Maryland in 2001. I (and everyone with me) thought that game was over at halftime. I'd love to watch that game with him and just have him tell me everything that was happening in his mind and in huddles as we watch the action unfold.

I suppose 1998 at home against Carolina, one of my favorite games.

91 unlv

Duke's next NC game: I would politely ask to sit behind the bench. And I would promise to be quiet.

Thumbs up

I gotta go with Weezie on this one. Then you would really have an opportunity to see and hear what actually is going on and then see the results of what they are thinking and trying to do, etc. That would be a fantastic educational opportunity that you could carry over to every game in the future.

ricks

2004 semi-final vs uconvicts. I'd love to find out what he said, was thinking and planning as that officiating debacle unfolded.

Can we also discuss practices leading up to that game?

If so, Duke@UNC March 4, 2001.

Carolina had beaten us home a month earlier, and this game was the first after the senior night loss to Maryland where Boozer went out with his foot injury. The season was "over" as far as the talking heads were concerned. K went small, moving Duhon into the starting lineup, and the rest is history.

I know K talked about this quite a bit in his book, but still, to have been a fly on the wall...