Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Wake Forest at Duke Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

I live in Arlington Virginia and get Verizon FIOS which unfortunately doesn't show Fox Sports South. A few games ago others with the same problem were going to meet at Ria Ria in Clarendon, which is close to my home. Is there any interest in seeing the Wake game there this Saturday night?

If I'm not mistaken, the Wake game is a national game on Fox Sports Net, which is much more widely accessible than Fox Sports South.

im sure you could find it online too. check channelsurfing.net or justin.tv if you can't find it on your tv.

Ria Ria?

I'm still interested in seeing the game at Ria Ria in Clarendon if there is any interest in doing this again.

Diesel
    Don't miss it, Deon!:

The game is scheduled to be shown on Comcast SportsNet Washington.

Sounds like fun to me - I'm in Arlington as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    The game is scheduled to be shown on Comcast SportsNet Washington.
    It's on FiOS, no worries.

Channel 576 (HD) or 76 (SD)

When in doubt, do a program search for "duke basketball". It should come up.

BTW which game wasn't available previously? I have FiOS too and I think the only one I've missed was Long Beach State.
    Last edited by HaveFunExpectToWin; 01-15-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Wake stats

It will be interesting to see how Duke defends Wake. Wake doesn't shoot from outside very well, 33%, and is 340th in the country in attempting 3s. Duke, of course, excels at defending the 3.

On the other end, Wake defends the 3 very well. They do put the other team on the free throw line, though. Be good if Duke could do a better job of getting to the line.

McFarland, according to Pomeroy, is making an amazingly bad 35.7% of his two-point shots.

atdhe.net

An FYI to the person who wrote the good preview article on the front page - Konner Tucker transferred before Christmas break.

Is it me, or are there some huge parallels between UCON and Wake? Ridiculously speedy PG who can't shoot, fairly tall team, uber-athletic wing with game... I could see K pulling out that same D and using the same strategy. Let's just hope more shots fall for Duke this time.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I will be there, hopefully by what the man said , the tickets are "behind the bench". Im not sre if it means right behid the bench, or a couple rows, but either way it will be fuN!

Group to Ri Ra

I'll try to get there tonight for the game in Arlington. If someone gets there early, I'd recommend asking them to open up the back/upstairs smoking room and let us turn the TV on up there.

Its a pretty fun space, and as long as you can deal with a little lung coloration for a couple hours, the smokers are usually an amiable bunch.

-Ben

online streaming??

hey there, so far I haven't been able to find the game on any online streaming.

anyone know if it's possible?

Oh pie, I'm over the moon!!

thanks!

DIV I Basketball

After watching both Texas and Kentucky be taken to the limit by unranked teams, it shouldn't be a surprise that good teams get beaten. It would not have been the end of the earth for those teams to have lost, as well they might have. They are still good teams with a chance at a number #1 ranking in March madness.

Likewise, it shouldn't be cause for over-reaction wen Duke loses. I expect them to beat Wake at home, prvided it is the team that played in the second half against BC. If instead, it is the team from the first half of the BC game, we could have some trouble.

I, along with everyone else trying to watch the Duke-Clemson game, saw the end of Wake's contest versus Xavier, and was very impressed by how much improvement Ish Smith has made. Again, Xavier is not what they were last year, but Smith was Mr. Clutch. Hope it doesn't get that close in Cameron tonight!

I am curious to see how the team defends Aminu and to see if Lance? is able to limit his effectiveness as it sounds like he has had a monster start to the season. I think our depth up front could come in handy defending him.