Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Wow, I don't agree on either front. I don't think K "told them not to shoot as many 3s," because when guys were open, they launched without hesitation. But BC's defense presented different options, and we took advantage of them. Note that Duke was able to get out in transition far more often.

And the token pressure Duke showed on D was no excuse for the poor help against the Flex on D. Again, Duke wasn't trying something new there; the bigs were just really slow reacting from helpside in the first half. I was glad to see they were able to make corrections in the second half.
I really do think that there was a effort to not shoot as many three's I definitely saw guy pass up three's to make the extra pass, drive, or even shot fake and take a mid range jumper. Not that they were told NOT to shoot three's, just explore other options.

I don't think that the press was necessary an excuse, but I do think that as a result, the young guys sometimes might have been concentrating on it too much and not thinking about the half court D, resulting in mental errors. It's not acceptable, but its a learning experience against a team that we could afford to make mistakes against.