Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiffin to USC

Kiffin to USC

UT`s Lane Kiffin has accepted the coaching position at USC. after only 1 year.
    So much for loyalty.

Lane Kiffin to USC

I am shocked. I have no idea what the Athletic Director at USC is smoking if he thinks Lane Kiffin is a good replacement for Pete Carroll. I am completely shocked.

However, now Tennessee has to look for a replacement for Kiffin. Does anyone think that Coach Cutcliffe will get a call from Knoxville? I hope not. He is just starting to turn things around here at Duke.

Any chance Tennessee goes after Cutcliffe? I sure hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by pratt '04 View Post
    Any chance Tennessee goes after Cutcliffe? I sure hope not.
    Tennessee would be making a mistake if they didn't at least call him. I'm sure they'll go after him. Whether or not he leaves, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by GDavidson View Post
    UT`s Lane Kiffin has accepted the coaching position at USC. after only 1 year.
    So much for loyalty.
    I just hope this doesn't make Tennessee think they really, really want a Tennessee man.

Look at the start times of the threads. Obviously they should be merged, but I am not refreshing every 30 seconds to make sure someone didn't start a similar thread.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Volnation.com is in such a meltdown the site won't load.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Haha, hey where'd the Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator go?

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-foo...l-coaches.html

Hard to believe so...

Hi,

Anything is possible. However, I believe the Tennessee faithful would be incensed if the UT Administration came up with Coach Cut as a replacement. UT thinks itself way, way up there on the food chain. I think even Lane Kiffin wasn't an easy sell.

GO DUKE!

The problem is that since Carroll left so late in the game, USC had to stoop to get Kiffin. Now Tennessee will end up getting someone less than desirable to their fans than if their coach had left in December when everyone was hiring. Guys like Brian Kelly, Tommy Tubberville, and Charlie Strong are all off the table.

The same thing happened when Nick Saban left for the Dolphins and LSU ended up with Les Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

Anything is possible. However, I believe the Tennessee faithful would be incensed if the UT Administration came up with Coach Cut as a replacement. UT thinks itself way, way up there on the food chain. I think even Lane Kiffin wasn't an easy sell.

GO DUKE!
    I think you're probably right about the UT fanbase, but in truth a lot of the base wasn't thrilled with the Kiffin hire either. IMO, Cutcliffe would be the best hire they could make, although I'm sure guys like Tommy Bowden and Mike Leach will be throwing their names in pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    Haha, hey where'd the Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator go?

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-foo...l-coaches.html
    That site actually looks hilarious now.

Chris Mortensen thinks UT should go after Coach Cut…

@mortreport: Tennessee should go get David Cutcliffe.
    http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/7692934041

Quote Originally Posted by njpduke View Post
    Chris Mortensen thinks UT should go after Coach Cut…

@mortreport: Tennessee should go get David Cutcliffe.
    http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/7692934041
    Also, this:

@mortreport: I would also bet Peyton Manning already has sent a quick message to UT to get Cutcliffe.

@mortreport: @DonVanDemark Cutcliffe has heck of a staff and they recruited as well as he could at Duke, not to mention coached their rear ends off.

http://twitter.com/mortreport

He sure seems pretty confident about this.

See, shows what I know...

Quote Originally Posted by njpduke View Post
    Also, this:

@mortreport: I would also bet Peyton Manning already has sent a quick message to UT to get Cutcliffe.

@mortreport: @DonVanDemark Cutcliffe has heck of a staff and they recruited as well as he could at Duke, not to mention coached their rear ends off.

http://twitter.com/mortreport

He sure seems pretty confident about this.
    Hi,

Then again, Mort isn't always right either. If Coach Cut goes I think we should go after Coach Spurrier, I don't think he is that well liked these days in South Carolina. Ah, how the coaching carousel spins. That being said, I think Coach Cut is happy here.

GO DUKE!

PS

Hi,

I see Butch Davis wanting to go to UT, I think it is a much better job than UNC and we would get rid of a guy wo I think is borderline dirty from the ACC.

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by JaMarcus Russell View Post
    I am shocked. I have no idea what the Athletic Director at USC is smoking if he thinks Lane Kiffin is a good replacement for Pete Carroll. I am completely shocked.

However, now Tennessee has to look for a replacement for Kiffin. Does anyone think that Coach Cutcliffe will get a call from Knoxville? I hope not. He is just starting to turn things around here at Duke.
    Well if Kiffin has a big run- he is probably looking to get back to the NFL. USC will be hunting again. Now will Kiffin take all his recruits with him. What a crazy business.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Volnation has posted over 135 pages on the subject in the forum in less than 2 hours. That has to be some sort of forum posting speed record.

Ahh..got that wrong..135 posts! not pages. I was wondering, their server would have melted.
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 01-12-2010 at 10:37 PM.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

No way Tennessee can be treated any worse...

Hi,

No way Tennessee can be treated any worse...well, they could be treated a bit worse if Coach Cut tells them he has no interest in the position. For you see, this would mean that in some weird way Tennessee has been relegated to some sort of "Bowling Green."

I feel bad for the players too. So, Kiffin can high tail it to USC, but they signed letters of intent to play for the Vols. They can't just go somewhere else to play, they have to sit out a year. For that matter, players at USC got sort of screwed too. They might have wanted to play for Coach Carroll, but now that he is gone have no interest in playing for Kiffin. Great rules you have there NCAA.

I have no love for the Vols, but those kids did get a bit of a raw deal. If Coach Cut does leave and Spurrier decides not to return maybe Philip Fulmer (think that is how it is spelled) will be the Duke coach in some sort of poetic justice. Then again, I wouldn't mind having the Offensive Coordinator form Boise State, now that would be an awesome hire.

GO DUKE!