Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    I could care less if Libby is coming back, my real question is Claire coming back. I want to know how she fits in to all of this. Also i want to see her and Jack's relationship now that they know they're siblings.
    Google "Claire Lost Season 6" for an answer.

I don't want to spoil it.

Interview with Cuse and Lindelof

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    Very Long. No spoilers.[/url]
    That's an interesting article, one telling quote:

Cuse: The other phenomenon which is interesting is that the immediate interpretation of the ending of “Lost” may not be the same as the ultimate interpretation of the ending of “Lost.” (goes on to liken this to the end of Battlestar)

The author also recommends this article, looking forward to the end season.

Quote Originally Posted by GDT View Post
    Cuse: The other phenomenon which is interesting is that the immediate interpretation of the ending of “Lost” may not be the same as the ultimate interpretation of the ending of “Lost.” (goes on to liken this to the end of Battlestar)
    (Sigh)

Prepare for the inevitable final shot of Jack's eye----and left wondering when and where he is...

After not watching since season 1, I've crammed seasons 2-5 into the past month watching 3+ episodes per day..not sure what am I going to do after tomorrow when I have to wait a week between episodes. It's definitely been worth the effort though...

Happy Lost Day!

And... given that the reason for detonating the bomb was to achieve a do-over... it is somewhat appropriate that it airs on Groundhog day given the plot of the movie by the same name.

Well here we are, the day that we finally start the final season of Lost. So here's a question for everyone who has either religiously followed this show from day one, or who came on board during some point in the show's run and has caught-up on every single episode.
    If after many hours of disecting each and every scene, along with every scrap of dialogue do you actually think you'll be happy with the way the show ends?

I keep thinking about the movie Gladiator and the final match in North Africa where Maximus singlehandedly defeats 1/2 dozen opponents while the crowd sits there in stunned silence. Will Damon and Carlton be screaming at us, "Were you not entertained?"

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Well here we are, the day that we finally start the final season of Lost. So here's a question for everyone who has either religiously followed this show from day one, or who came on board during some point in the show's run and has caught-up on every single episode.
    If after many hours of disecting each and every scene, along with every scrap of dialogue do you actually think you'll be happy with the way the show ends?

I keep thinking about the movie Gladiator and the final match in North Africa where Maximus singlehandedly defeats 1/2 dozen opponents while the crowd sits there in stunned silence. Will Damon and Carlton be screaming at us, "Were you not entertained?"
    This has been one of the best shows I've ever seen, and I've thoroughly loved and enjoyed it. That said, I have the sneaking suspicion that whatever the ending is, I'm going to feel less than fulfilled about it.

I've carefully avoided finding out ANYTHING about Season 6, but will be very happy if tonight's premiere opens with them landing at LAX as though nothing ever happened, as has been rumored. That's a GREAT way to start off Season 6, in my opinion!! Let's get LOST!!

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    If after many hours of disecting each and every scene, along with every scrap of dialogue do you actually think you'll be happy with the way the show ends?"
    I doubt it, or at least I'll be happy but not satisfied. But I think I will heartily enjoy the season which is probably what it's all about anyway.

Depends what you need for a satisfying ending. If you're looking for a simple answer to the question "What is the Island?" as some ultra-twist, I don't think you're going to get one, like "It's purgatory." You're not going to find out how exactly that big wooden wheel moves the island or why the lotto/hatch numbers show up everywhere.

But I do think they'll answer the vast majority of the questions the show has posed - Libby's background, who/what the Smoke Monster/Jacob/Man In Black are, the identity of Adam and Eve, what was special about Walt, why Richard doesn't age, etc.

Here it is...

I must admit i'm a little dissapointed to see the island under water. Although Desmond being on the plane is interesting.

Parallel plot lines. Hmmm. I wonder how long they will continue that?

"It worked." I wonder if that means they are back in current time?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I think they're all going to meet up in the current timeline and become friends or something. I'm more concerned about what is going on, on the island. Richard was in chains once before? interesting.

I successfully avoided hearing anything about them landing at LAX (or even the episode title), so I was quite surprised when it began that way - I expected them to have caused the Incident and was going to be very upset if they threw away 5 season of the show for a do-over, so I'm not really sure what's going on now with this parallel reality. But since we still have 75% of it is as island story that continued on, I'm satisfied for the time being.

So, thought on the episode...

Things I noticed different about the LAX / plane this time:

No Shannon
    Jack has odd scar on neck?
    Charlie looked different
    Hurley is happy/lucky

We got to see what happened to the other tailies/children ! I thought that was forever gone to the Island of Misfit Plotlines.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    I think they're all going to meet up in the current timeline and become friends or something. I'm more concerned about what is going on, on the island. Richard was in chains once before? interesting.
    I took the chains to be a metaphor. Richard worked for Jacob. He said earlier he was the way he was because Jacob made him that way (which made it sound like it was almost against his choosing).

It was just a shame to see that Richard in all his time didn't learn from the kung fu master... Body Locke took him down with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    So, thought on the episode...

Things I noticed different about the LAX / plane this time:

No Shannon
    Jack has odd scar on neck?
    Charlie looked different
    Hurley is happy/lucky

We got to see what happened to the other tailies/children ! I thought that was forever gone to the Island of Misfit Plotlines.
    What about Desmond being on the plane?!? I didn't get that at all...

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    What about Desmond being on the plane?!? I didn't get that at all...
    Oh oops, forgot that one while transcribing my thoughts onto DBR.

Didn't understand Desmond being on the plane either? Shannon not being there was weird too. Come to think of it, a lot of weirdness about the whole plane situation.

What was with the shot of the island being underwater and then never saying anything about it again after that?

It was nice to finally find out the true identity of the smoke monster. We kind of already knew but at least it is now confirmed.

Why does alter ego Locke/Man in black want to go "home" and where is home? If Jacob could freely navigate through time and space why can't he?

This episode made me remember how much I like Hurley. He cracks me up!

Sorry for the rambling. Still trying to comprehend everything I saw last night.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."