Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Have the producers come out with any sort of list of things that they're willing to admit are not going to be answered / deprecated by more recent developments?

Obviously when doing stuff in season 1-3 when you have no idea how long the show is going to go for, you introduce many many things and it's impossible to tie up 100% of the loose ends. It would be nice if they were willing to say "yeah, you're going to have to just ignore X, Y and Z" as we concentrate on filling in all the gaps this last season. Obviously it's not ideal, but I'm willing to accept it as realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    This is where I disagree.

It's a series with a large following.

All they need to do is stick the video on their website -- most Lost fans will watch it.

There is nothing "viral" about that. It's just like people watching the Avatar movie trailer -- that wasn't "viral", it was just a largely-anticipated event.
    Right on, but the slight difference is that they're giving the file to a person, who then has to give it to another person. Another way to look at it, ABC won't be distributing the video to their fan base like the Avatar movie trailer, the viewers/fans will distribute it. That's where the viral campaign begins.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    Have the producers come out with any sort of list of things that they're willing to admit are not going to be answered / deprecated by more recent developments?

Obviously when doing stuff in season 1-3 when you have no idea how long the show is going to go for, you introduce many many things and it's impossible to tie up 100% of the loose ends. It would be nice if they were willing to say "yeah, you're going to have to just ignore X, Y and Z" as we concentrate on filling in all the gaps this last season. Obviously it's not ideal, but I'm willing to accept it as realistic.
    Only thing I've seen so far is that Libby will be back for the season.

I think they have said before that "the numbers" will never be fully explained.

I suspect that we have learned everything we are going to learn about the Dharma Initiative, Polar Bears, and the various hatches/stations all over the island.

I bet we are pretty much done with "The Others" except for some history on Richard. I supect we will never find out what Ben's "lists" were about nor will we find out why the Others grabbed some folks or wore fake beards or anything like that.

I doubt we find out why babies cannot be born on the island.

Then again, I am just guessing and gthey may have answers for all this stuff planned.

-Jason "a lot of stuff will be explained by Jacob creating coincidences in order to drive people to the island" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Only thing I've seen so far is that Libby will be back for the season.
    I am having a senior moment. Could you refresh my recollection and remind me who Libby was .

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Could you refresh my recollection and remind me who Libby was.
    If you are serious: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Eliz...Libby%22_Smith

Totally serious.
    I hope Hurley scores!

OK I just finished rewatching Season 5 w/ my fiancee and am now upset we didn't start a little later. (I thought it would take longer to get thru the entire thing) Now I'm realllllly anxious for season 6 to start and have to just twiddle my thumbs for a couple weeks.

OK I just finished rewatching Season 5 w/ my fiancee and am now upset we didn't start a little later. (I thought it would take longer to get thru the entire thing) Now I'm realllllly anxious for season 6 to start and have to just twiddle my thumbs for a couple weeks.
    Oh we all feel soooooooo bad for you.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention

Made the same mistake between seasons 2-3.

Watched the pilot and the whole first season in about 2 weeks. Watched the second season over the next month.

Really, REALLY learned to appreciate what people were going through waiting week to week over the intervening 4 years.

But since I'd been a Soprano's fan, this was old hat.

OK I just finished rewatching Season 5 w/ my fiancee
    Hey, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Hey, congrats!
    Thanks =)

So, can we start making predictions/bets now?

My guess for Claire is that she returns as the leader of the Others, or maybe even Jacob's replacement. I also think that she, Jack, and Aaron are all descendants of Jacob. I am not sure exactly what is up with Aaron, but I like the idea that he represents some sort of threat to the unnamed evil rival. There's a lot of characters with children now, I wonder if any other than Aaron end up being important (Ji Yeon, Charlie, Clementine).

I bet A LOT of characters die. Maybe even all of them, and maybe the island itself. Hurley has the best chance of survival, of course. Sayid is my guess for the first big one to go, he seems pretty expendable at this point, but I also wouldn't be surprised is Sun or Jin died right before they would be reunited (they seem to like killing someone during a happy reunion moment - Shannon, Charlie). Of course Rose and Bernard have to be the pick for Adam and Eve, but other possibilities exist.

I think the first episode or few episodes will introduce the alternate reality that they've been heavily hinting at, but it will all turn it to be an illusion or something.

Oh, and there's definitely a second monster that's made of light instead of smoke and controlled by Jacob.
    Last edited by Wander; 01-24-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    My guess for Claire is that she returns as the leader of the Others, or maybe even Jacob's replacement. I also think that she, Jack, and Aaron are all descendants of Jacob.
    So, you think Jack's Dad is Jacob incarnate? I agree.

I am not sure exactly what is up with Aaron, but I like the idea that he represents some sort of threat to the unnamed evil rival. There's a lot of characters with children now, I wonder if any other than Aaron end up being important (Ji Yeon, Charlie, Clementine).
    I think we're going to see a lot of Walt this season. In fact, I think he will either save the island from demise or be the one to put it to bed once and for all...

I bet A LOT of characters die. Maybe even all of them, and maybe the island itself. Hurley has the best chance of survival, of course. Sayid is my guess for the first big one to go, he seems pretty expendable at this point, but I also wouldn't be surprised is Sun or Jin died right before they would be reunited (they seem to like killing someone during a happy reunion moment - Shannon, Charlie). Of course Rose and Bernard have to be the pick for Adam and Eve, but other possibilities exist.
    There have to be some deaths, with the way the show has progressed, they haven't been afraid to kill some beloved characters. However, what does death really mean on the island? A lot of characters have "died" but still been around in various shapes/forms. Locke "died" on the mainland, but then was reincarnated once he came back to the island.

I think the first episode or few episodes will introduce the alternate reality that they've been heavily hinting at, but it will all turn it to be an illusion or something.
    If this is some sort of illusion/dream I'm gonna be pissed.

Oh, and there's definitely a second monster that's made of light instead of smoke and controlled by Jacob.
    Why do you say?

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    If this is some sort of illusion/dream I'm gonna be pissed.
    Well, they're really heavily hinting at some kind of alternate timeline being present. If this didn't occur in some form, it would be somewhere between a massive red herring and blatant dishonesty on the show's producers part.

But on the other hand, if Juliet really did reset the timeline, there'd be no point to having a Season 6, right? There'd be no point to the entire show, really. So the only thing I see left is to have the appearance of resetting the timeline. I suppose they could do a parallel universe thing where both timelines exist and we follow each of them, but I think that'd be a little silly, even for Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Why do you say?
    Smokey seems to be somehow tied to the evil rival villain. So, Jacob should have one too to keep the duality going. This fits with Locke's description of the Monster in Season 1 - he said he saw it as a beautiful bright light.

What alternate timeline are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    One where the plane does not crash because the hatch does not exist because a nuke destroyed the electromagnetic pulse.

-Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    One where the plane does not crash because the hatch does not exist because a nuke destroyed the electromagnetic pulse.

-Jason
    Then there wouldn't be any show, would there.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Then there wouldn't be any show, would there.
    Whoa man. That's deep. The truth about the show is that there is no show. I think I just bent a spoon....
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Ahh man, I get it guys, the point of the show is there is no show, we haven't been watching Lost because Lost doesn't exist. I think we're on to something.