New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Art Show at the Beach

If anyone is close enough and looking for something to do Friday, Feb. 12th, we are having an art opening here in Morehead City. The show runs through the 27th, and includes artists from 4 eastern counties. Last year's show had some amazing work; paintings, photography, handcrafts and sculpture. I was lucky enough to win my first juried award, and am hoping to repeat this year. Admission is free, I'll be heading off to dinner after, anyone who shows up is welcome to join us. I'll have 3 works in it, including one of the football paintings and the portrait below. I'm still debating the 3rd entry. If you are up for going and want more info, PM me or check this link. http://accc.wordpress.com/2010/01/09...he-heart-2010/

Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

very nice...we are going to try to make it..

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    very nice...we are going to try to make it..
    Awesome..let me know if you're able. Lots of decent places to grab a bite at after, nothing fancy or expensive.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

CameronBB, are you familiar with the Neptune Art Festival held in VA Bch/Norfolk usually 3rd weekend in June?

Nope. I've done a few shows like that before, they are alot of fun, as long as it doesn't rain. The problem is that they can be very expensive, too. One weekend is usually $200 minimum, often they cost more like $400-$500. I'm saving up for some mesh sides for my canopy, makes hanging works easier and it looks better. I don't have any shows lined up this spring/summer, and I have to see what the football schedule looks like in the fall. (No way I'm missing a Brunchgate!)

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    CameronBB, are you familiar with the Neptune Art Festival held in VA Bch/Norfolk usually 3rd weekend in June?
    Just looked it up...$1000 fee for vendors ($2000 if you're selling food).
    I'd have to sell 2 paintings to make a profit...and from experience the folks who show up to those events aren't there to spend that kind of money. Mostly I do them for exposure, and at that rate it's not worth it. Wow...1000 bucks.

Wooooohoooooo!!!
    Two out of three of my paintings won awards, and the third would have won, but it is against the rules. (You can only win an Award of Excellence and an Honorable Mention.) The judge wanted to award the football painting an AE as well as the girl's portrait, unfortunately it was the odd painting out.
    Opening is this Friday, the show runs through the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by cameronbornandbred View Post
    wooooohoooooo!!!
    Two out of three of my paintings won awards, and the third would have won, but it is against the rules. (you can only win an award of excellence and an honorable mention.) the judge wanted to award the football painting an ae as well as the girl's portrait, unfortunately it was the odd painting out.
    Opening is this friday, the show runs through the 28th.
    congratulations!