Thought I would get a thread going, now that we are less than a month away.

I was inspired by this story in Variety today. The headline says, "Is 'Lost' here to stay? ABC may not give up on franchise so easily."

I was furious and worried that ABC was demanding that the show go on for additional seasons. All the talk that we were building to a conclusion was for nothing. I was furious. But, they are still planning on ending the show. The story is just saying that ABC wants to see if there are ways to build off the final season with other things like comic books, books, games, and even amusement park rides. Whew!

There is also talk of "Lost: The Nent Generation" and compares the show to Star Trek. I am not sure it works in the same way. We'll see what they come up with.

As an aside, I found this part of the story really cool--

For the final season, ABC has kept its marketing campaign close to the vest. Promos and clips have utilized footage from past seasons only -- but that will change a week before "Lost's" Feb. 2 season premiere, as 815 fans give the correct answer to "Lost" trivia online and receive a message in a bottle.

That bottle will include a USB drive that features a clip from the season's first episode. The network is fully expecting that clip to then quickly go viral online.
--Jason "" Evans