Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    ok, i dont have anything against walmart or anything but this is ridiculously tacky

Walmarts to host Bama's BCS trophy
    I think this is a great idea as a way to make the trophy accessible to everyone in the state. Logistically, Wal-Marts are already at perfectly centric locations with regard to population distribution -- this is the most efficient manner to share the trophy with the supporting public.

Clearly, you do have something against walmart. liberal elitist.

I was very surprised to see McCoy not come back. It all seemed very bizarre. The coach said he was in a lot of pain. McCoy said he had no pain, etc.

It is interesting that McElroy had 2 broken ribs (suffered against Florida) and had to get a shot to numb the pain before the game started.

Quote Originally Posted by gcashwell View Post
    I was very surprised to see McCoy not come back. It all seemed very bizarre. The coach said he was in a lot of pain. McCoy said he had no pain, etc.

It is interesting that McElroy had 2 broken ribs (suffered against Florida) and had to get a shot to numb the pain before the game started.
    In an interview following the game, Colt said that his right arm was like it was dead, meaning no feeling whatsoever... very different than no pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    In an interview following the game, Colt said that his right arm was like it was dead, meaning no feeling whatsoever... very different than no pain.
    Beyond this, broken ribs vs a throwing shoulder injury is the epitome of "playing hurt" compared to "playing injured".

Tebow played with a broken leg and led his team to a victory! Colt is just one player; how many other HS and college All-Americans does Texas have?! Also, Colt doesn't play on D, and the Texas D gave up 24 points in the 2nd quarter alone! I don't feel bad for the kid that came in for Colt, b/c he was National HS POY last year and broke the Texas HS record for career passing yards. So it's not like he has never played fb before.

I have yet to figure out why people are willing to call Colt "one of the greatest", despite having never won a Heisman nor a National Championship. These same people claim that Tebow "is not that good", yet, Tebow has a Hesiman, 2 rings, and a million other records and trophies. I don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNikeShox View Post
    Tebow played with a broken leg and led his team to a victory! Colt is just one player; how many other HS and college All-Americans does Texas have?! Also, Colt doesn't play on D, and the Texas D gave up 24 points in the 2nd quarter alone! I don't feel bad for the kid that came in for Colt, b/c he was National HS POY last year and broke the Texas HS record for career passing yards. So it's not like he has never played fb before.

I have yet to figure out why people are willing to call Colt "one of the greatest", despite having never won a Heisman nor a National Championship. These same people claim that Tebow "is not that good", yet, Tebow has a Hesiman, 2 rings, and a million other records and trophies. I don't get it...
    Well, the Texas D didn't give up the pick 6, since they weren't on the field. And I think it's pretty safe to say that with McCoy on the field, that play doesn't happen.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Also, while I wouldn't really call McCoy "one of the greatest" if we're taking about all NCAA, you can't really blame Colt for the lack of championships in the last 2 seasons. Texas has two losses in the last two years - one, last night, where he essentially didn't play, and the other, last season to Texas Tech, where he threw for nearly 300 yards and 2 touchdowns and led what looked like the game winning drive until two Texas DBs couldn't tackle Crabtree.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

You are an idiot. (infraction duly noted).