Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Lost: What They Died For

Comments on the the penultimate episode of Lost go in this thread.

Now that we are just hours away from another new episode, I am going to do my best to revert back to the hopeful and supportive fan. Consider the disillusioned and bitter dude to be banished until at least 10pm tonight

-Jason "ahhh, I like myself better already" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Jack

"Jack" was on Letterman last night and said nothing about "the ending". This morning on Regis and Kelly he did say that he was satisfied with the ending, and that yes, he has seen it (I guess referring to the several endings they shot and he knew which one they chose).

If Jack's satisfied, I take that as a good sign.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I would expect Richard and/or Ben to make an appearance tonight. They've been gone for a long time and it seems like they would be brought back prior to the season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I would expect Richard and/or Ben to make an appearance tonight. They've been gone for a long time and it seems like they would be brought back prior to the season finale.
    Yup, Desmond too.

-Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yup, Desmond too.

-Jason
    And Miles.

El "that's all I got so far" Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    And Miles.

El "that's all I got so far" Diablo
    Yes, I will be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Consider the disillusioned and bitter dude to be banished until at least 10pm tonight

-Jason "ahhh, I like myself better already" Evans
    I'm going to be banned?!?

I'm also going to make the fan personality switch, but in the opposite direction. I don't remember any of the second-to-last episodes being basically anything other than a big set-up for the finale. So I wouldn't expect any big answers tonight. Maybe just bringing Desmond, Miles, Ben, and Richard back into the fold while having more of the characters head to the hospital/police station in the flash-sideways world. That doesn't mean it can't be an enjoyable episode (Charlie's "Greatest Hits" in Season 3 was excellent), but I wouldn't it to erase the bad taste in our mouths from Across The Sea, at least from the mythology perspective.

Now the final episode, that's another story.

I'm in. But I expect somebody to do something extra special tonight. I'll say Kate. She's kind of the parallel for the mother figure from last week, old "too much bashing of heads" chick.
    It's really over the top now.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I expect somebody to do something extra special tonight.
    This is code for "I expect somebody to die/sacrifice themself tonight," right?

--Jason "I expect no deaths tonight, but a couple (at least) in the final 2 1/2 hours" Evans

2 lines of Ben dialogue and a crapload gets explained. It's that easy, and that subtle -- they don' t have to connect the dots at all. Nice job. Although, I imagine many will disagree.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Well you guys were right. The gangs all here so to speak. We have now seen all of the above in the first 12 minutes.

Sawyer looks a bit p'od, ya think?

Ahhhhhh... that's better. I feel so much better now. Who was that jerk who hated Lost last week?

--jason "note, the above was written halfway through tonight's episode-- DVR still has 30 mins to go but I am so happy right now!" Evans

R.I.P. Richard. We hardly knew ye.

Having Ben back and involved makes things so much better. Especially when he's "bad."

I'm pretty flexible in my opinion/desire for how this ends. As long as we don't get midichlorians I'm going to be happy. I'd rather have ambiguity over what the light is than to find out that it is midichlorians.

So much better than last week. I missed Ben, so glad he is back to his old self. The second half was slower than the first, but oh my the first half really felt like Lost in it's prime.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    R.I.P. Richard. We hardly knew ye.
    You think he's dead? I think the show would have made that more explicit.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    No one survives Smokey! Fear The Smoke Monster!

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Yes...Both Ben and Richard were put on the spot...which one is Locke here to confront? Who ties into the ultimate endgame? They both put themselves on the line, but only one of them could be right. There was a short amount of suspense, when I realized one was right and one was dead.

Richard's dead. Unless you think Locke just wanted to "temporarily stun" him or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    As long as we don't get midichlorians I'm going to be happy. I'd rather have ambiguity over what the light is than to find out that it is midichlorians.
    Yes...THANK YOU!!!