Thread: Browser Issues

Browser Issues

I've got a question for some of the more tech-savvy folks here. I recently installed Windows 7 as an upgrade from Vista and have noticed some issues with browsing; namely, pages with videos like youtube and others have caused Mozilla (which I use 98% of the time) to quit responding. The same thing happens in Internet Explorer 8. They just freeze up after a couple of seconds after a video begins to load. It seems to have gotten worse as of late. It was fine for a few days no problems, and then in the last 2 days or so it's every page with a video freezing. In total, it's been about a week since the update. Any thoughts or suggestions on how I might alleviate this problem would be most helpful. (Note: I'm going to be out of town the next few days so if I don't respond, it doesn't mean that I'm ignoring you).Thank you in advance!

If it's happening in Mozilla as well, I wonder if it's a network issue? Might want to check your drivers for your ethernet & WLAN.

You can view the internet traffic from the Task Manager (ctrl-shift-escape to bring it up) on the Networking tab.

You might also want to check for updated video drivers.

Or perhaps uninstall and reinstall Flash - I think that's what most youtube videos are encoded in.

Do you have trouble with quicktime video?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    You might also want to check for updated video drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Or perhaps uninstall and reinstall Flash - I think that's what most youtube videos are encoded in.
    -jk
    I had this problem with my wife's new Windows 7 laptop, and the 2 suggestions above fixed it for us. Make sure you have automatic updates turned on.
    The Gordog