Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrence Ross?

I have a feeling Duke will have more competition from Kentucky for Ross' services then Maryland...just a hunch.

hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1515 View Post
    I have a feeling Duke will have more competition from Kentucky for Ross' services then Maryland...just a hunch.
    Hi,

You might be right. Then again, if Coach Cal doesn't win it all this year and/or he stirs some sort of NCAA ire where he has to leave then...well perhaps Coach Cal might not be in Kentucky too long and that will be the word on the street. Then a lot of players won't want anything to do with the Wildcats. I am not convinced Coach Cal will be at Kentucky for very long unless he wins it all this year because Wall and others are most likely one and done.

Watch, after I wrote this Coach Cal stays at Kentucky as long as Adolph Rupp. All this being written, Ross might then have to transfer to Duke for his services.

Go Duke!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

You might be right. Then again, if Coach Cal doesn't win it all this year and/or he stirs some sort of NCAA ire where he has to leave then...well perhaps Coach Cal might not be in Kentucky too long and that will be the word on the street. Then a lot of players won't want anything to do with the Wildcats. I am not convinced Coach Cal will be at Kentucky for very long unless he wins it all this year because Wall and others are most likely one and done.

Watch, after I wrote this Coach Cal stays at Kentucky as long as Adolph Rupp. All this being written, Ross might then have to transfer to Duke for his services.

Go Duke!!
    I think it is a little wishful thinking to have Cal out after this year. I personally find it almost impossible that UK wins it all this year. Wall has been lights out to end close games...too lights out...even the greats miss big shots...Jordan, Kobe, LeBron...too many people are assuming Wall is bullet proof right now. His high school team was 3rd behind Kelly and Mason's in NC! He will miss shots. That being said...Cal will be around.

I would think PP, Wall and Cousins are gone...they won't be as good next year but he'll sell Ross hard on having two one and done 1st round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

Go Duke!!
    Where else would he go? He's already tried the NBA thing with the Nets. He's making serious coin at a storied program that will continue to get great recruits. UK is where he is staying until/unless another NCAA violation arises.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    UK is where he is staying until/unless another NCAA violation arises.
    Uh, I think you can edit out the "unless."

UK has a lot more enemies than Memphis or UMass did...Cal will get turned in for violations a lot earlier in his tenure than he did at thuse other programs.

Like a time bomb waiting to explode...

Wow

Landing Ross would be a revelation.

this kid has serious talent,folks.

Anyone see this kid play live?

Check out this insane dunk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcWUBPEQVho

Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    Uh, I think you can edit out the "unless."

UK has a lot more enemies than Memphis or UMass did...Cal will get turned in for violations a lot earlier in his tenure than he did at thuse other programs.

Like a time bomb waiting to explode...

Like a time bomb waiting to explode is exactly right. When he's on a bigger stage, the violations will arise quicker. He's managed to stay out of direct contact from scandals. But like they say, third time's a charm...

I think that we are probably the frontrunners for Terrence Ross, but you never know. There are a lot of high-powered programs ready to go after him (duke, kansas, kentucky, maryland) and they all have a shot at getting his services. He looks like a solid NBA caliber player

this is from Alan Stein's facebook page. He is the conditioning coach at Montrose.

"Montrose superstar Terrence Ross has re-opened his recruitment. Maryland is still very much in the mix along with Duke, Kentucky, & Kansas."

not much news, but its another source, i can't wait to see where he will go.

I believe he's just keeping the Terps on the list for the sake of propriety. He also says he hopes to play on the East Coast.

Draw your own conclusions.

But it may take awhile. He might not be able to visit until April or so.

I gonna go ahead and predict one here...

Terrence Ross to Duke.

Just a gut feeling here...nm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    Terrence Ross to Duke.

Just a gut feeling here...nm.
    Looks like Gary Williams is prepared to lose him as he has already replaced him with a sweet shooter Pe'Shon Howard from Oak Hill Academy. Howard can stroke the ball and has a body like Demarcus Nelson. Good get for the Terps.
    The Terrapin Assassin

does anyone know if he's been officially offered a scholarship?
    any GPA/SAT issues?

According to Scouts...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeHopkins View Post
    does anyone know if he's been officially offered a scholarship?
    any GPA/SAT issues?
    According to scouts.com an offer has been extended...

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2010

**First post by the way, but I've been visiting the boards for a lil while now and picked a thing or two up from previous recruiting threads.

Which to be honest, I dont know how many more I can take after some of the more recent episodes

Anyways, Great Site and love the chatter...

LETS GO DUKE!

Reel him in Josh!!

They did say that Terrence wants to play on the East Coast, so I am hoping that plays a part in his decision and keeps him away from UK.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    They did say that Terrence wants to play on the East Coast, so I am hoping that plays a part in his decision and keeps him away from UK.
    Ross is from Oregon. I bet he thinks of Durham, Lexington and College Park as all being part of the "East Coast."

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Ross is from Oregon. I bet he thinks of Durham, Lexington and College Park as all being part of the "East Coast."

Yep, we really struggle with geography out here in the West.

To be fair, when I matriculated at Duke, fellow freshmen would ask me where Oregon was (in relation other states) on the West Coast. My goodness, there are only 3 states!

Back to Terrence, I think it's funny that Terrence Ross and Terrence Jones, two top-30 wing recruits both played on the same team in Portland last year. The latter dropped 38 points in his last game. I think Duke would be fortunate to land either, though I know we're not recruiting Jones.

(content redacted for being destructively negative)

(poster commented that he wanted to see us also recruit Quincy Miller)
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 01-04-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Removed offensive content

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyDuke View Post
    (poster commented that he wanted to see us also recruit Quincy Miller)
    Er, no.

With Smith, Irving, Curry, Dawkins and Thornton Duke will be loaded with small guards, and with Plumlee, Plumlee, Kelly and Hairston Duke should be set in the frontcourt. Duke needs wing players, and at 6-6 Ross may be better suited to play that role than anyone on the Duke roster.

Duke may need Quincy Miller because Miller is expected to be a great player. But Duke should be well stocked with power forwards for the next few years.
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 01-04-2010 at 11:26 AM.