Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Terrence Ross?

I have no inside connection or any other information, but I think it is safe to believe this story. Duke has never taken a kid with such an unstable academic situation as this young man seems to have. Would have been nice to have a player like him, but at what cost? The news involving him over the last 2 months or so has been bad and then worse. How could we possibly take this kid at this point?

(We couldn't.)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    I have no inside connection or any other information, but I think it is safe to believe this story. Duke has never taken a kid with such an unstable academic situation as this young man seems to have. Would have been nice to have a player like him, but at what cost? The news involving him over the last 2 months or so has been bad and then worse. How could we possibly take this kid at this point?

(We couldn't.)
    I agree I really wanted him on our squad but it looks like Kyle will be back next year. I still thing we pick up Felix. Then we will try target another wing in the next class.

Adam Zagoria is also now reporting that Duke is done recruiting Terrence Ross - "AdamZagoria - Latest on Terrence Ross. He may not play hoops this season at Portland Jefferson and Duke is no longer involved."

WaPo on Ross's latest

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...pid=sec-sports

Probably about time to close this thread, mods.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...pid=sec-sports

Probably about time to close this thread, mods.
    Why? Are we not still recruiting him?

Not officially

If you read this thread, you will see that there have been reports that Duke isn't pursuing Ross.

The local article on Ross' return to Portland. There are quite a few quotes from his mother about academics and his prospects for playing this season (slim).

Here's the only part about college. I have to agree with others that there are some red flags (to say it mildly) about his academics.
    Last year, Ross gave a commitment to sign a letter of intent at Maryland but has since changed his mind. Among schools recruiting Ross -- whose stock reportedly rose after he declined to play in the summer AAU circuit and instead honed his skills alone -- are Kentucky, Kansas and Duke.

In regard to college, Marcine Ross said, "It's like starting all over again." She said once Terrence Ross gets acclimated at Jefferson, they'll start talking to colleges again.

"My main concern is graduation," Marcine Ross said.

If we didn't know before, looks like the Ross ship has officially sailed. Talking to oregonlive.com about his recruitment,

"I don't really have anyone on top, but if I had to pick a top five it would be Oklahoma, Kansas, Kentucky, Oregon and Washington."

"I'm not sure if I want to go back out east or stay here (west coast)," he added.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    If we didn't know before, looks like the Ross ship has officially sailed. Talking to oregonlive.com about his recruitment,

"I don't really have anyone on top, but if I had to pick a top five it would be Oklahoma, Kansas, Kentucky, Oregon and Washington."

"I'm not sure if I want to go back out east or stay here (west coast)," he added.
    I doubt that Duke has had any interest in him for a while. He is a little unstable and, apparently, has very suspect academics.

He may not play for anyone this next year

Talking Seems Obvious

I think the pattern in the Ross tea leaves is abundantly clear. His academics are weak. Terrence Ross had a good basketball experience at Montrose Christian, but I would guess his academic results were so poor that his parents pulled him out oif school, briefly considered an AZ school where he would not have played hoops but worked on academics, and then returned to his home town in Oregon.

Terrnece, I believe, is a good guy and basketball player that would not get accepted by K or Duke.

Next play(er).

sagegrouse