Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrence Ross?

Terrence Ross?

Rumor has it that this kid was sitting behind the Duke bench tonight against Long Beach. Currently committed to Maryland, but he is teammates with Hairston at Montrose. Could it be that Josh is recruiting this kid to be a Blue Devil next year? The Terps would have a meltdown if true.

Quote Originally Posted by jobin View Post
    The Terps would have a meltdown if true.
    Nah, I bet they'd be cool with it. They're pretty level-headed over there.

Wink Update from College Park...

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Nah, I bet they'd be cool with it. They're pretty level-headed over there.
    "Riot in College Park," details at 11...

(They'll use ANY excuse to riot over there!)

Quote Originally Posted by jobin View Post
    Rumor has it that this kid was sitting behind the Duke bench tonight against Long Beach. Currently committed to Maryland, but he is teammates with Hairston at Montrose. Could it be that Josh is recruiting this kid to be a Blue Devil next year? The Terps would have a meltdown if true.
    Ross is listed as 6'5" and considered a good shooter/scorer in the class of 2010.

There has been some talk (loose message board type talk) that he is looking around and may de-commit from Maryland. He didn't sign an LOI during the November signing period.
    Last edited by roywhite; 12-29-2009 at 11:51 PM.

Clint Jackson claims that Ross de-committed from Maryland: http://twitter.com/clintjackson1

Jackson is a fairly reliable recruiting analyst/writer.

It certainly would be nice if Ross considers us. Having Josh Hairston as a teammate can't hurt, and apparently Hairston has indeed been making a case for Duke.

Has anyone heard something more definitive about the possible recruit behind the Duke bench tonight? Apparently it might have been Trey Ziegler, but I didn't even have a chance to watch the game since it wasn't televised.

Interesting, Ross de-comits from MD and is rumored to have been seen behind the Duke bench tonight? I've seen crazier things happen in the recruiting world!

Even more interesting, I read on some guy's blog that the rumor is Nike is playing a role in this. I guess Ross is originally from Oregon? I don't know exactly, but he has a connection to Nike and MD snubbed Nike a few years ago and went with Adidas. Academics was also brought up, but with nothing substantial to suggest it. It could very well be just a Terps fan or someone with some biasness trying to make it deeper than it really is.

The first rule of fight club...

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    Even more interesting, I read on some guy's blog that the rumor is Nike is playing a role in this. I guess Ross is originally from Oregon? I don't know exactly, but he has a connection to Nike and MD snubbed Nike a few years ago and went with Adidas. Academics was also brought up, but with nothing substantial to suggest it. It could very well be just a Terps fan or someone with some biasness trying to make it deeper than it really is.
    Maryland has been with Under Armour for awhile now because the company was started by a MD alum.

I seem to remember there being some discussion about recruit(s) getting a special tour of the company on a recruiting trip, which was probably some kind of violation.

My Lord the kid can dunk.

I hate Maryland but...

I can't say that I feel bad more maryland, but I am sure everyone on this board can relate. This in ways is worse than Barnes because Terrence gave a verbal. Wait a minute it's Maryland hope he decides to sign with us!

http://www.testudotimes.com/2009/12/...ross-decommits

Another quick turn around

Looks like we are going from alarmingly unathletic to alarmingly athletic.

Perhaps we are going to unalarmingly alarmingly athletic?

Yes, UA was founded by Kevin Plank who played football @ UMD. The Terps will be with UA for a very, very long time.

Current rankings for those curious:
    ESPN - 39
    Rivals - 43
    Scout - 93

And here's a December ESPN scouting report:
    This athletic wing has great size and a big time shooting stroke. Ross can knock down threes off the catch and from a one or two rhythm dribble. He is shot ready on the catch and releases the ball with great elevation and follow through. Ross shoots over smaller defenders and late closers with ease. He runs the floor on the break for spot up and penetration kick outs where he is capable of making two or three in a row in a very short period of time. Ross has NBA range and his confidence is sky high. Defensively Ross was alert in the passing lanes and really worked to defend the dribble by moving his feet and keeping his hands active. Ross must work to develop his scoring moves off the dribble and make going to the boards a habit but what an offensive weapon. Maryland coach Gary Williams will have fun coaching this kid."

Well, guess they got to amend that last sentence, huh

Facebook

Terrence Ross: All the maryland fans calm down, UMD is still in m top 5 ill make decision in th spring.

Sounds like we need to wait this one out.

Classy

Please tell me, everyone who read this article read the comments at the bottom. Especially the one about how desperate Coach K is to have to recruit kids who have verballed, and how a recruit like this will not help us get closed to a championship. They obviously have no idea about our incoming classes. The class of Maryland fans never ceases to amaze me!

Quote Originally Posted by KShip21 View Post
    Please tell me, everyone who read this article read the comments at the bottom. Especially the one about how desperate Coach K is to have to recruit kids who have verballed, and how a recruit like this will not help us get closed to a championship. They obviously have no idea about our incoming classes. The class of Maryland fans never ceases to amaze me!

While I agree that our incoming class is much better, there still are some things that bother me. Did Coach K actively recruit Terrence Ross? It seems kinda dirty to do that. How exactly was the decision made?