Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Don't sleep on Long Beach State

They are tied 37 all with Kentucky at Halftime. Hopefully they leave it all in Lexington.

Ended up losing by 13

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    They are tied 37 all with Kentucky at Halftime. Hopefully they leave it all in Lexington.
    Interestingly, Pomeroy's ratings predicted Kentucky, 82-68. Not too shabby.

But Long Beach State is a decent team. Should give Duke a nice test. They seem to be small, so that will give Coach K a chance to figure which lineups and strategies work best against a smaller team.

coach's interesting strategy

LBSU's coach, Dan Monson [ex-Minnesota and Gonzaga], seems to have a real plan to get his team prepared for this year's NCAA-tourney run, and more likely next year's. Four starters, and 5 of top 8 players, are sophs! Looks like Monson knows he's got a team that can make some noise in '10-'11 and '11-'12, and possibly even March '10. Has played at ND, Texas, and now UK, soon at CIS. Tough, tough, but those guys should be ready for Big West.

Wonder whether they get a return from Duke out west next season? Doubtful, but anyway the guy's got a plan. Seems smart to me.

Wow, check out LBSU's schedule! They're 6-6, but Duke will be the FOURTH top 8 team they've played this year - plus Clemson, Notre Dame, and UCLA. They sure must have an ambitious AD...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/...=299&year=2010

MBB: Duke vs. Long Beach State Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

Any thoughts?

These guys are a good test. Stayed within 15 or so of UK and 10 or so of Clemson. Good team

HELP! HELP!

Anyone know if this will be blacked out for out-of-region Directv subscribers? The unc-greensboro game was on schedule and I did not get to see it. Calling Directv is useless, and the best I could do at FoxSportsSouth was leave a question. Still waiting to hear form them.
    Last edited by WiJoe; 12-26-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: to edit

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    HELP! HELP!

Anyone know if this will be blacked out for out-of-region Directv subscribers? The unc-greensboro game was on schedule and I did not get to see it. Calling Directv is useless, and the best I could do at FoxSportsSouth was leave a question. Still waiting to hear form them.
    I don't know what's in/out of region. Right now I'm in Greenville, SC/Asheville NC area, and FoxSportsSouth has the game scheduled on DirecTV, so that seems to be good news for me, and I hope you.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    I don't know what's in/out of region. Right now I'm in Greenville, SC/Asheville NC area, and FoxSportsSouth has the game scheduled on DirecTV, so that seems to be good news for me, and I hope you.
    Thanks for replying.

The UNC-Gbo game was scheduled on directv, too. I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Any thoughts?

These guys are a good test. Stayed within 15 or so of UK and 10 or so of Clemson. Good team

Yeah, I am not quite sure what to think of them. They played those teams well but got manhandled by WVU, ND, and Texas. I know one thing and that is that TJ Robinson can flat out rebond. He went for 22 and 18 against Loyola Maramount. Kyle and/or LT will have their hands full with him. Crazy thing is that their top 9 scorers are 6-7 or shorter. They have two 7 footers who don't play much at all. We should be able to handle them inside. I see another double double from Miles and a step forward for Mason. We'll win 87-62.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    We'll win 87-62.
    A 25 point victory is a very bold prediction. Yeah, LBSU lost to Texas by 33 and West Virginia by 23, but they played Clemson and Kentucky close losing by 8 and 13 respectively. They've lost to four Top 20 teams by an average margin of 19.75 points. I'm thinking more along the lines of a 12-14 point win for our Blue Devils.

Of course, this is one of those cases where I hope you're right and I'm wrong. There are times when I really enjoy being wrong.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Wow, check out LBSU's schedule! They're 6-6, but Duke will be the FOURTH top 8 team they've played this year - plus Clemson, Notre Dame, and UCLA. They sure must have an ambitious AD...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/...=299&year=2010
    yep - no knock on Duke - but we will not surprise them with our talent. They are playing a seriously hard schedule against some great teams... UK, Clemson, Texas...

Online stream?

Does anyone know if there will be an online stream of the game available?

Green Bay - Wisconsin

looks like they beat GB...who beat Wisconsin...

The transitive property does not apply

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    looks like they beat GB...who beat Wisconsin...
    Gonzaga also beat Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by mus074 View Post
    Gonzaga also beat Wisconsin.
    Of course the transitive property applies. It ends up in Duke being 52 points better than Duke. We would win any time we play ourselves. QED.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Of course the transitive property applies. It ends up in Duke being 52 points better than Duke. We would win any time we play ourselves. QED.
    hm...and if you apply it again we could win by 104! imagine what a fun game that would be
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    hm...and if you apply it again we could win by 104! imagine what a fun game that would be
    Interesting - I wonder if any team has ever won by 100 or more. Seems likely that it has happened sometime.

Well?

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be an online stream of the game available?
    Same question.

ricks

I am certain I would end up cheering for the wrong us. That would suck.

perhaps

guess that would depend on which side you were on.