Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hoops viewing on Fox Sports

A dispute between Fox and Time Warner Cable may deny us as many as four Duke games for the remainder of the season, and whatever other ACC games on Fox Sports in which we may have an interest. TWC has a site in which they explain things from their side, but I am only interested in my side. How will I watch those game if we can't get Fox Sports on Time Warner Cable? We can lose Fox Sports sometime after Jan 31. I really don't care about either of these two outfits. Just show me the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    A dispute between Fox and Time Warner Cable may deny us as many as four Duke games for the remainder of the season, and whatever other ACC games on Fox Sports in which we may have an interest. TWC has a site in which they explain things from their side, but I am only interested in my side. How will I watch those game if we can't get Fox Sports on Time Warner Cable? We can lose Fox Sports sometime after Jan 31. I really don't care about either of these two outfits. Just show me the games.
    The same dispute threatens Fox broadcast service to BrightHouse Cable viewers in central Florida. But the fact that failure to resolve the dispute would result in blacking out the Sugar Bowl game to millions of rabid Gator fans in the Tampa and Orlando areas, and that we had a similar dispute at the same time last year that somehow got settled before the telecast went dark, leaves me feeling fairly confident that they'll find a way to work things out in the nick of time.

I can't find it on comcast either.

stray, have you noticed that here in central florida (where are you, anyway?) fox sports south on brighthouse (i call them dimhouse) has evolved into fox sports florida which carries nothing of interest?

Hey, guys -- just switch to Directv, see every game with no problems. If you are lucky, you might even save a buck or two over cable.

yeah ... i can't find it anywhere on the comcast listings

and i guess fox sports south is diff from FSN b/c sometimes i can get the FSN games on comcast sports net

direct TV people? how are you faring?

i hate when games aren't on TV

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    stray, have you noticed that here in central florida (where are you, anyway?) fox sports south on brighthouse (i call them dimhouse) has evolved into fox sports florida which carries nothing of interest?
    Stray and I are both in Tampa. FS Florida has never been FS South. FS South was always in Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina (there are now two separate additional feeds of FS South which are FS Carolinas and FS Tennessee in those respective areas instead of FS South, but are run as part of FS South).

As for FS Florida showing nothing of interest, I find ACC Sunday Night Hoops, Rays games and Lightning games of great interest.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Tonight's game is on DirecTV, just like UNC-G. I believe it is channel 640. For those of you in Tampa, we will be at Press Box tonight right before 7.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Hey, guys -- just switch to Directv, see every game with no problems. If you are lucky, you might even save a buck or two over cable.
    I have DirecTV, but I got bit in the azz when Duke played Kansas on Versus in football this year. There seems to always be one channel/ carrier dispute.
    I thought the FOX thing only applied to FOX's regular broadcast channel?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

My wife and I live in Tampa, and my daughter is in Orlando, so we're all on BrightHouse--which, IMO, is by a wide margin the best cable service we've ever had (including Comcast and TWC). In fact, our service was recently upgraded so that we now have more than 100 HD channels, and our internet speeds were doubled, all without additional charge. How rare is that?

We subscribe to a "Sports Package" in Tampa that provides us about a half-dozen or more Fox Sports channels (and a bunch of others I never watch), so I haven't noticed the programming changes you're describing.

Incidentally, I just spotted an article reporting that an Orlando lawyer representing a group of Gator fans is suing the parent company of Fox to obtain a court order requiring that the Sugar Bowl game be telecast. Love those rowdy reptiles!

http://www.cfnews13.com/Business/Loc...e_dispute.html

"As for FS Florida showing nothing of interest, I find ACC Sunday Night Hoops, Rays games and Lightning games of great interest."

mike, when the dispute between dimhouse, fox and the other party involved was finally resolved, my listing was FSN and i got all those acc sunday games and acc women's games that i was missing before.

since the listing changed to FSFl, i have not seen one ACC-related game carried on it.

CORRECTION: CHANNELS 645 AND 646 FOR TONIGHT.

As for FS FL, I have gotten all of the ACC Sunday Night Hoops games in Tampa, plus various RSN games on FS Florida and Sun Sports. Not sure why you can't find them. Nothing has changed in the past few years other than Bright House changing the name of the channel on the channel guide.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    CORRECTION: CHANNELS 645 AND 646 FOR TONIGHT.

As for FS FL, I have gotten all of the ACC Sunday Night Hoops games in Tampa, plus various RSN games on FS Florida and Sun Sports. Not sure why you can't find them. Nothing has changed in the past few years other than Bright House changing the name of the channel on the channel guide.
    Right--we've been getting the Sunday night ACC basketball games regularly since they started, even before we added the "Sports Package" channels. On BrightHouse Tampa Cable, however, I believe the FSN broadcasts of ACC games may now be carried on the Sunshine Network, which is Channel 31 in SD and Channel 719 in HD. According to the listings online, the Xavier-Wake game and the Clemson-Duke game next Sunday night will be carried on those channels.

I'm in Jacksonville and each time Fox Sports South is listed as the carrier for the game, I don't get it. I get the Sunday night games on Fox, but sadly not the game tonight. I wish ESPNU would catch it.

Triangle-area cable viewers, there's no need to panic

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    TWC customers: using the link above, you can enter your zip code into an embedded tool (upper-right of the page) to see which Fox-affiliated channels are at risk.

I checked several Triangle area zip codes, and all results were the same.... Good news for ACC hoops and Canes fans, potentially bad news for reality TV, drag racing, and euro league junk heads. (Go to 'http://rolloverorgettough.com/zipcode/27707' and see channel listings to the right.)

Sorry BrightHouse customers, but my research stopped there.

"We subscribe to a "Sports Package" in Tampa that provides us about a half-dozen or more Fox Sports channels"

well, in the orlando area, we get FSFl and Fox soccer and that's it.

Internet Broadcast?

Anyone know of any way to catch the game on the internet? I seem to remember there was some internet site that you watch various channels on being discussed on this board previously.

Thanks

"We subscribe to a "Sports Package" in Tampa that provides us about a half-dozen or more Fox Sports channels"

well, in the orlando area, we get FSFl and Fox soccer and that's it.
    Bright House Orlando should have the same "sports pack", that will give you Fox College Sports Atlantic, FCS Central, FCS Pacific, Tennis Channel and a number of other channels. In Tampa, they are in the 800s. It is only a few dollars a month. The FCS's show the Sunday Night games, RSN (but not FS South) games, ACC Live, and Cut and K's coaches shows at 9:30 a.m. on Saturdays, plus lots of other college sports.
    Last edited by msdukie; 12-29-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: fixed channel name.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

"Bright House Orlando should have the same "sports pack", that will give you Fox College Sports Atlantic, FCS Central, FCS Pacific, Tennis Channel and a number of other channels."

and do any of these have tonight's game???

I had the good fortune to speak with a very nice woman from fox sports south yesterday. She told me the regional games are not shown out of ACC markets. So for me, living just outside the ACC area in wisconsin (ahem), no Duke for me. (Nor for you other unluckys outside the ACC)
    Last edited by WiJoe; 12-29-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: added info