Exhibition Games Q

IIRC, for pre-season exhibition games, Duke has played various teams - some college, some semi-pro or charity touring teams, some national teams (I think Canada one year I was there), etc.

Have they ever played the Globetrotters? (my 10 y.o. son asked me, I don't know. I though the Globetrotters only "play" the Washington Generals but I'm not sure. Wikip. claims that they have played Mich St and UTEP...)

???

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    IIRC, for pre-season exhibition games, Duke has played various teams - some college, some semi-pro or charity touring teams, some national teams (I think Canada one year I was there), etc.

Have they ever played the Globetrotters? (my 10 y.o. son asked me, I don't know. I though the Globetrotters only "play" the Washington Generals but I'm not sure. Wikip. claims that they have played Mich St and UTEP...)

???

TIA
    The Globetrotters have definitely played Michigan State, unless I was hallucinating at the time. They also play college all-star teams fairly often. I don't remember them ever playing Duke, but I've only been paying attention to that sort of thing for the last 31 years or so.

The Globetrotters did play some exhibition games a few years ago. EA Sports, Althletes in Action and other semi-pro teams used to play these games. A few years ago the NCAA banned these games with non-NCAA schools. At the same time they elimated D1 playing D2 schools in season. That's why now the eshibitions are generally against D2 schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    The Globetrotters have definitely played Michigan State, unless I was hallucinating at the time. They also play college all-star teams fairly often. I don't remember them ever playing Duke, but I've only been paying attention to that sort of thing for the last 31 years or so.
    I've followed the Globies and Duke since well before Wilt played for the 'Trotters and I don't remember them ever playing Duke.