Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The heels played about as good as they can. The expected turnovers by their so called leaders Ginyard and Drew in crunch time we very costly. I loved the last two minutes before the half, also.

fun times yesterday at jerryworld! i had to crack up at a few people who showed up wearing duke sweatshirts

UNC travels pretty well, they brought quite a few fans. the venue is pretty typical setup for a basketball game in a football stadium, not great but you deal with it. basically it was a test run for the NBA all star game coming up and the future final four. announced attendance was 38,000.

our team is legit, well, at least the best one we've had in a long time. as many commented above, the talent is very deep and we are going to wear people out this season. big dex will end up being our MVP, once he gets the ball it is trouble for the opponent and he rebounds like crazy. we had four guys score over 20 points yesterday, i like that a lot.

like barnes or not, he can recruit and one of these years we will win it all, or maybe i need to take off my orange color glasses

Quote Originally Posted by texas View Post
    fun times yesterday at jerryworld! i had to crack up at a few people who showed up wearing duke sweatshirts

UNC travels pretty well, they brought quite a few fans. the venue is pretty typical setup for a basketball game in a football stadium, not great but you deal with it. basically it was a test run for the NBA all star game coming up and the future final four. announced attendance was 38,000.

our team is legit, well, at least the best one we've had in a long time. as many commented above, the talent is very deep and we are going to wear people out this season. big dex will end up being our MVP, once he gets the ball it is trouble for the opponent and he rebounds like crazy. we had four guys score over 20 points yesterday, i like that a lot.

like barnes or not, he can recruit and one of these years we will win it all, or maybe i need to take off my orange color glasses
    I was there with another Duke u-grad/texas grad school. So we were wearing burnt orange, but got a shot by the court with our 10-12 year old GTHC shirts on. Sat next to a husband/wife with 2 kids. He is a UNC grad, she a Texas grad. The son was in baby blue and the daughter in burnt orange. Nice folks. I didn't get a chance to talk to any UNC fans after so haven't heard whether they thought they played well and just couldn't hang, or had a bad game.

My impression was that Texas was just better. J'Covan Brown has been a godsend so far this year, and he's getting better.

Texas isn't quite as tall across the front line as UNC, but they're very, very strong and about as quick. I don't think we're as thick as Texas, not quite as quick acros the front line, but we are thicker/stronger than UNC. They'll have a quickness edge up front on us, but hopefully we can negate that with our strength like Texas did.

UNC's backcourt is manned by good players. Good complementary players you would like to team with a star quality player. Strickland is the closest to having the physical skills for being such a player, but he's just an undersized two guard learning the point position.

Right now, we sweep them. I'm still cautious, they have a young team that's still learning, but I just don't think their backcourt can compensate when their front court is matched by another team.

They are a good team, but not scary good. Next year, depending on what happens with Davis, they could be scary good. But not this year. If we smack them around a bit this year, it could help to change recruiting perceptions.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/g...nd-size-121909

It got so ugly that Pittman said North Carolina’s long and talented sophomore, big man Ed Davis, asked him at one point late in the game if he could take it easy on them in the paint.

"He asked me why we’re so strong?” Pittman said. "I told him it’s Texas. This is Big 12, bro.”

Texas 103, UNC 90

Uh, shouldn't the title of the thread be "Texas 103, UNC 90". When I see UNC-CH I'm thinking UNC-Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Uh, shouldn't the title of the thread be "Texas 103, UNC 90". When I see UNC-CH I'm thinking UNC-Charlotte.
    That would be UNC-C.

UNC-CH would be UNC Chapel Hill.

Avery Bradley is underrated, he was excellent during this game and I couldn't tell that he was a freshmen the way he was running the point. And does anyone think that Ed Davis is becoming the first option rather than Thompson?

Quote Originally Posted by RainingThrees View Post
    Avery Bradley is underrated, he was excellent during this game and I couldn't tell that he was a freshmen the way he was running the point. And does anyone think that Ed Davis is becoming the first option rather than Thompson?
    He should be. Quite frankly, Zeller might be a better option than Thompson against top competition.

UNC has played 5 top quality opponents so far this year - OSU, Syracuse, MSU, Kentucky, and Texas. Against those 5, Deon's shooting just 21-55 from the floor, averages 3 turnovers a game, and is much less of a presence on the offensive glass than usual. He really has not stepped up as any kind of go-to guy against top competition this year.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

It got so ugly that Pittman said North Carolina’s long and talented sophomore, big man Ed Davis, asked him at one point late in the game if he could take it easy on them in the paint.

"He asked me why we’re so strong?” Pittman said. "I told him it’s Texas. This is Big 12, bro.”
    I would like to thank Ed Davis and the other weaklings at Carolina for making the ACC look bad. Fine work, gentlemen!

--Jason "the ACC is now #2 to the B12 in the KenPom, but not in the Sagarin where it goes ACC, BigE, Big12" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I would like to thank Ed Davis and the other weaklings at Carolina for making the ACC look bad. Fine work, gentlemen!

--Jason "the ACC is now #2 to the B12 in the KenPom, but not in the Sagarin where it goes ACC, BigE, Big12" Evans
    I thought no one else had seen that. Does this deserve it's own thread? It's more compelling to me than Roy'd Rage honestly. I can't believe this isn't getting more pub.

Funny I don't remember UNC taking it easy on other teams last year. If anything they ran up the score and let Hansbrough get his points till the last minute of the games. Its called Karma *****.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    That would be UNC-C.

UNC-CH would be UNC Chapel Hill.

UNCC is now known simply as "Charlotte" in basketball, to make matters easier (or more confusing).

Crunch UNCCH
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    He should be. Quite frankly, Zeller might be a better option than Thompson against top competition.

UNC has played 5 top quality opponents so far this year - OSU, Syracuse, MSU, Kentucky, and Texas. Against those 5, Deon's shooting just 21-55 from the floor, averages 3 turnovers a game, and is much less of a presence on the offensive glass than usual. He really has not stepped up as any kind of go-to guy against top competition this year.
    This is the point that everyone is missing too. Out of those 5 games, UNC is 2-3. Yet for some reason they belong in the top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWolf View Post
    This is the point that everyone is missing too. Out of those 5 games, UNC is 2-3. Yet for some reason they belong in the top 10?
    It's like the pollsters want to reward you for scheduling tough opponents on the road, even if you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    It's like the pollsters want to reward you for scheduling tough opponents on the road, even if you lose.
    I really can't object to UNC's ranking. All we've really learned about them so far is that they haven't beaten the teams they've played that are ranked above them. They have beaten two ranked teams that are ranked below them. It seems like their ranking is about right to me. Why should they be below a team like UCONN, Kansas St, or Georgetown just because they have 3 losses?
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

unc-ch's losses so far, with Pomeroy rankings:

Semi away vs. #4 Syracuse (essentially a home game for the Cuse)
    @ #20 Kentucky
    Semi-away vs. #1 Texas (essentially a home game for Texas)

with two wins against solid Big Televen teams. Not to stick up for unc-ch or anything, but those aren't terrible results.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Not to stick up for unc-ch or anything, but those aren't terrible results.
    Not terrible results at all, but some might argue that unc should have been closer to #10 to begin with, so Top 15 would be reasonable now.