Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gwwilburn View Post
    Gonzaga is pretty big, so our frontcourt guys should have a test ahead of them. The only game I have seen them play so far is the Wake game, and Harris was gone for a lot of that one, so I'm not really familiar with this team. Bouldin looks pretty solid, though.
    They're not quite as big as FSU. They have a 7 footer in Sacre who starts and gets 25 mpg. Their other 4 main guys go 5'11, 6'5, 6'5, 6'8. Kelly Olynyk is a 6'11 backup center who gets similar minutes to Zoubek. They have another 6'11 guy and a 7'5 dude who get little use.

Their size is really on the wing - the 2-3 guys are all 6'5 and above.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    They're not quite as big as FSU. They have a 7 footer in Sacre who starts and gets 25 mpg. Their other 4 main guys go 5'11, 6'5, 6'5, 6'8. Kelly Olynyk is a 6'11 backup center who gets similar minutes to Zoubek. They have another 6'11 guy and a 7'5 dude who get little use.

Their size is really on the wing - the 2-3 guys are all 6'5 and above.
    I looked at their lineup and changed my last post. I was remembering something that Phelps or Gottlieb was talking about back in November on ESPN, reporting on said 7'5" dude. I guess he is still pretty raw, though. But I agree, there wings are pretty big and that is something I am a little worried about.

It's snowing now...

Well, I'm snowed in. I will not be able to use my tickets this afternoon... fml.

Quote Originally Posted by gwwilburn View Post
    I looked at their lineup and changed my last post. I was remembering something that Phelps or Gottlieb was talking about back in November on ESPN, reporting on said 7'5" dude. I guess he is still pretty raw, though. But I agree, there wings are pretty big and that is something I am a little worried about.
    Huh. So our our wings.

Scheyer 6'5"
    Singler 6'8"
    Dawkins 6'4"

Nolan's really the only one giving up height, but put him on the 5'11" guy and he's got 1 - 2 inches on him...

Not really worried about the height thing in this one, although Sacre could pound us inside. As long as our guys rebound well, I think we'll be alright.

My prediction:

Duke 74

Gonzaga 68

Duke Train!

The train from CT to Grand Central is packed with Dukies! Awesome, baby!

7. Lotsa snow in NC foothills

and NY is gettin slammed with a blizzard

Snowfall Outlook

I guess snow or no snow, DUKE is playin Gonzaga

I'm going to predict that Gonzaga out-muscles us, out-hustles us and runs us out of the building... because our predictions for big games have been 180 degrees wrong so far this year. (See UConn, Wisconsin...) So, Lance and Z won't show up, the Plumlees will be totally lost, and the big 3 won't be able to hit the broad side of a barn.

(Thank me later...)

Watch Duke-Zaga Online

If anybody is at work, over seas in the military, or doesn't have cable. I am streaming the game on Justin.Tv for anybody looking for an online stream of the game. I hope that this finds somebody who is in need of it!

www.justin.tv/accsportszone2

10. Lets not jinx it yet!!

Gametime!

Thanks for the link! In DC, they'd rather show news reports about how it's STILL snowing. We get it, there's a lot of snow

Quote Originally Posted by grc5 View Post
    Thanks for the link! In DC, they'd rather show news reports about how it's STILL snowing. We get it, there's a lot of snow
    I know. Frustrating. I just want to curl up on my couch and watch the game, but I guess this stream is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by grc5 View Post
    Actually, they just put alternate channels on the bottom of the screen. If you're Comcast, which I am, try 203...otherwise, wait and they'll put up the other channels again soon enough. I feel better now.

Wow. 6 points in over 8 minutes.

It's got to be the black shoes.

Ugly day for an ugly game I guess.

These look like 2 bad teams so far. It's not just good defense. Both teams are throwing up ugly shots and not valuing the ball.

Did the team get stranded in derm?? Or just the offense?

Absolutely no movement off the ball. I don't know what we're doing out there right now.

Ugly ugly ugly game. The officials are horrible so far. They blew the call where Singler had the ball knocked out of his hands out of bounds and then called a questionable offensive foul on him. Both teams look bad.