JJ's got a higher bball IQ than Kobe

Thought this was interesting. It's from Charley Rosen, who I feel is one of the smartest basketball analyst out there.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/1...rosen-analysis

Obviously, JJ isn't Kobe and never will be. But he has stayed in the league due to his incredible bball IQ. I credit Coach K.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Very interesting. I would, however, think that the great decisions Kobe makes on offense far outweigh his questionable calls on defense. I rarely see him, however, leave his players on an island. He's actually one of the best defenders in the league. He told Coach K he wanted to guard the best player in the Olympics last year, so that tells ya something.

But in regards to J.J., I completely agree that his basketball IQ has kept him in the league up until this point. And now, he's starting showcase his abilities. I'm anxious for his future.

Smile Not Anxious about JJ

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    But in regards to J.J., I completely agree that his basketball IQ has kept him in the league up until this point. And now, he's starting showcase his abilities. I'm anxious for his future.
    I think that JJ, barring injury, will play ten years in the league. He could get a long run with Orlando because Van Gundy -- who it appeared hated JJ -- actually really likes him.

What's interesting is that this year's 3PT percentage -- 41% is very good. But, as others have noted, his 78% FT figure looks like a typo.

sagegrouse
    'Going up Buffalo Pass to cut a Xmas tree. If I don't have another post before tomorrow AM, please contact Colorado Search and Rescue'

Kobe's basketball IQ is reportedly off the charts.

No need to compare to Kobe. Both have high IQ.