Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    doesn't look like that now....cats up 18

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    doesn't look like that now....cats up 18
    Looks like Bledsoe is unstoppable today.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    I'm betting this thread ends today at IU.
    I'm wrong again, SHOCKER!

The more I watch Kentucky, the angrier I get. Wall, Patterson, Bledsoe... all pursued by Duke. All great players. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    The more I watch Kentucky, the angrier I get. Wall, Patterson, Bledsoe... all pursued by Duke. All great players. Sigh.
    Bledsoe was NEVER offered a scholarship (due to academic concerns). So, while Duke looked at him, you can't say we were ever in contention as the coaching staff wasn't interested enough to give him a scholarship. The other two...yeah...

Getting back to the main topic, there's no way UK will go undefeated. Not experienced enough, not good enough. Probably talented enough though, but no matter how talented a team is, they almost always slip up at some point. I would be absolutely SHOCKED to see them stay undefeated through the regular season.

It is a tad hard not to at least sigh a little. But I love our guys and like what Gene Hackman said, "I would hope you will support who we are, not who we are not."

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    It is a tad hard not to at least sigh a little. But I love our guys and like what Gene Hackman said, "I would hope you will support who we are, not who we are not."
    Oh absolutely. But Patterson especially seems like such a great kid, just like Dejuan Blair, who I think we also pursued.

Oh absolutely. But Patterson especially seems like such a great kid, just like Dejuan Blair, who I think we also pursued.
    I've never heard we pursued DeJuan Blair. Where did you hear that? He wasn't very highly rated coming out of high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I've never heard we pursued DeJuan Blair. Where did you hear that? He wasn't very highly rated coming out of high school.
    I don't think we ever pursued him. He was overweight and had serious ACL questions in High School.

We didn't actually go after Blair, but I heard that he would have strongly considered Duke if he was offered. I'm not sure when he said that, but I remember hearing about it before we played Pitt.

Wall only had 1 turnover today and 8 assists as he was not forced to be the go-to scorer on offense. He played very much in control and didn't really force anything too much. I think the key to Kentucky's success is their defense. They didn't hustle at all in the first half on defense. There were several times when Wall was lazy and played off his man too much, which led to multiple points.

"I would hope you will support who we are, not who we are not."
    Great quote.
    Last edited by -jk; 12-12-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Fix quote tag

Why have you elevated Bledsoe to the status of great already?

To think UK will go undefeated is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Probably because Duke might have been interested in him at some point, so now he's considered a "lost" recruit, which by definition means he will be great. That's the tone on the board these days!

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Louisville, maybe.
    I know it's a rivalry game, so anything could happen but...

Louisville lost to Western Carolina at home(!) today. The Cardinals' other losses are to Charlotte (by 22, also at home) and UNLV. I'm not optimistic about them handling the 'Cats, but you never know.

Speaking of UK, do we think that three threads about them on the first page is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Have you not watched him this year? Looks pretty good to me...

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Probably because Duke might have been interested in him at some point, so now he's considered a "lost" recruit, which by definition means he will be great. That's the tone on the board these days!
    Seriously. How else can you explain why people think of Wall, Patterson, and Monroe as "great"?

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Yeah, quite a few hair-shirt orders here lately. Woe is 'dem.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Seriously. How else can you explain why people think of Wall, Patterson, and Monroe as "great"?
    Either I'm missing the sarcasm here, or you haven't been watching these guys.

And maybe the word "great" is hyperbole. But so far, they've looked like they'd have fit right in at Duke.

Coming from an IU student, Kentucky looked good in many different ways.

First, John Wall didn't play like his NPOY status he's been elevated too. Even then, he still directed the team magnificently and hit some momentum ending shots.

Second, Patrick Patterson and DeMarcus Cousins are great big men. They tore up the offensive boards and in general were great big men. Both made great offensive and defensive plays.

Lastly, Eric Bledsoe looked very good. He is a great complement to Wall and made a name for himself today. He made some great plays, taking Wall's place.

Overall, Kentucky's a well-rounded team, but it didn't seem like the bench got much playing time. I might not have been payin much attention, but I do recall that Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins, and Patterson were in the game with a minute left and the team up 20, which I thought was ridiculous. The game was over with about 4 or 5 minutes left, but Calipari left his starters in and kept running up the score. He lost more respect points from me today.