Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iTouch

iTouch

I am thinking about getting an iTouch. I don't need the phone capability (that's my BlackBerry), and want to upgrade from an older 60 GB iPod.

The touch screen and WiFi functions intrigue me...just looks like fun. Smaller HD, but I don't have THAT many songs to store. Only concern is size vis a vis video, etc.

Any thoughts out there? Anyone own one?

Thanks, all.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    I am thinking about getting an iTouch. I don't need the phone capability (that's my BlackBerry), and want to upgrade from an older 60 GB iPod.

The touch screen and WiFi functions intrigue me...just looks like fun. Smaller HD, but I don't have THAT many songs to store. Only concern is size vis a vis video, etc.

Any thoughts out there? Anyone own one?

Thanks, all.
    I believe Lavabe is a happy owner. I love my iPhone for all the reasons you mention. Because the entire face of the device is the screen, watching videos is a pleasure.

Apple now has a 32GB Touch ($499) - I'm getting one. The new ones have all the new software too.
    ~rthomas

Same here with my iphone..I watch an hour+ of video a day (tv shows, movies, podcasts) while commuting and find the video exceptional...and now that there is a 32gb Touch, plenty of storage space...

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Apple now has a 32GB Touch ($499) - I'm getting one. The new ones have all the new software too.
    Yup..noticed that. Thanks....

Smile iTouch

Yup..noticed that. Thanks....
    I love my iTouch, and use it everyday in classes, while commuting, and at home (okay... shameless snrubchatting).

I saw the new 32 GB one, and that will work fine. Since you have the Blackberry you're okay in terms of connectivity.

As I work in a Wifi area, it was a wise move. Otherwise, I'd seriously consider the added cost and go iPhone. I just wish Verizon was one of the services on the iPhone. Connectivity in non-WIFI areas would bug me.

But again, I love my touch... and the video is nice too.

Only regret: I am still waiting for FLASH capability on web sites that are accessed on the Touch. I just can't work with those sites that have flash.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Since you have the Blackberry you're okay in terms of connectivity.
    Thanks for the great info. I'm just unsure of what you meant by the comment above. I have a firm-supported Blackberry through Cingular (ATT). How does that relate to the iTouch? The BlackBerry has a BES dedicated server pushing out my firm emails.

Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks for the great info. I'm just unsure of what you meant by the comment above. I have a firm-supported Blackberry through Cingular (ATT). How does that relate to the iTouch? The BlackBerry has a BES dedicated server pushing out my firm emails.

Sorry for my ignorance.
    I think he was just aggreeing that you won't need the phone capability as you already have that covered.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I think he was just aggreeing that you won't need the phone capability as you already have that covered.
    Thanks. I got waylaid by the use of the term "connectivity." I read it as being broader than just the phone. Sorry

Talking Confusion

Yes. Sorry for the confusion.

Take home point: Maybe Steve Jobs isn't the spawn of Satan after all!

Did I say all the right things, oh leader Billybreen?

Cheers (and get it),
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Yes. Sorry for the confusion.

Take home point: Maybe Steve Jobs isn't the spawn of Satan after all!

Did I say all the right things, oh leader Billybreen?
    It'll do

When I think about you...

Myself

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post

Myself
    What is that gross thing? It's got way too many buttons to be an iPod Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post

Myself
    The Di-Vinyls live! Cute

I like my iTouch, but use it almost exclusively for music which gives me a little bit of buyer's remorse that I didn't just get an iPod.

The internet works well when I use it, but my blackberry is ALWAYS connected and it's still easier to type on a blackberry, so I suffer through the crappy browser because I know I'm linked in. I can't download images from my yahoo mail onto my iTouch which is frustrating. Maybe I'm not doing it right, I don't know.

After all that whining, though, overall it's a positive, and I can't wait to watch a movie on it on a plane or something.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    The internet works well when I use it, but my blackberry is ALWAYS connected and it's still easier to type on a blackberry, so I suffer through the crappy browser because I know I'm linked in. I can't download images from my yahoo mail onto my iTouch which is frustrating. Maybe I'm not doing it right, I don't know.
    That's really strange -- I've never seen any issues like that with Yahoo and Safari on my iPhone.

That's really strange -- I've never seen any issues like that with Yahoo and Safari on my iPhone.
    I'm probably doing it wrong. I tried to download a picture from an email in my yahoo onto my iTouch like I would if I was on a PC and it gave me an error. I've literally tried it twice, so it is very possible the problem is between the brain and the iTouch.

I like my iTouch, but use it almost exclusively for music which gives me a little bit of buyer's remorse that I didn't just get an iPod.

After all that whining, though, overall it's a positive, and I can't wait to watch a movie on it on a plane or something.
    I'm similarly set up (BB and iPod). Are you saying that you would have just gone iPod? (First para above) Or was getting the iTouch ultimately the right move for you? I hate the BB browser, etc., so I thought this was the better mobile device for web and personal email (firm email on BB--we don't support iPhone yet)

Thanks...

I'm probably doing it wrong. I tried to download a picture from an email in my yahoo onto my iTouch like I would if I was on a PC and it gave me an error. I've literally tried it twice, so it is very possible the problem is between the brain and the iTouch.
    Oh, you can't save things from the browser to the device, so that doesn't surprise me.

I'm similarly set up (BB and iPod). Are you saying that you would have just gone iPod? (First para above) Or was getting the iTouch ultimately the right move for you? I hate the BB browser, etc., so I thought this was the better mobile device for web and personal email (firm email on BB--we don't support iPhone yet)

Thanks...
    THe browser on the iTouch KILLS the blackberry browser. I just don't like carrying them both around with me all the time. I need my blackberry for work, so that's in my pocket. I am also a little self-conscious about having both in public. I already have "check my blackberry every 2 minutes" disease. I'm a self-loathing gadget-o-phile.

If you are often in WiFi hotspots, use your blackberry browser a lot, and don't mind keeping both devices on you, you'll be glad you got it. Honestly flipping through the music on the iTouch is pretty cool and almost worth the price difference between that and a regular iPod. I spent half a day making sure I had all the album covers downloaded for all my pre-itunes mp3s just so they would all show up on my iTouch. (Sad? Maybe.) Plus the pictures, widescreen movies, etc. are better on iTouch.

Edited to say ---- I am glad I got the iTouch only for the fact that when I want to browse, I can. Although I typically don't take it everywhere with me for reasons stated above (YET).

Edited again to say -- I am now going to get a tattoo in honor of temporarily being Cherokee Parks