Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I'm on record as saying that Kyle won't go pro but that final decision will not be made until the Spring or possibly early Summer. I think it shows a great deal of proactivity to have some options in case I'm shown to be wrong.

I'm Kenny Dennard!

You guys are delusional if you think Kyle will not go to the NBA. The guy is ready and the staff is doing everything they can to get him there. We wouldn't be recruiting TaShawn Mabry if he wasn't planning on it.
    I am all for recruiting the kid. He averaged 26 points a game last year. He has game.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    You guys are delusional if you think Kyle will not go to the NBA. The guy is ready and the staff is doing everything they can to get him there. We wouldn't be recruiting TaShawn Mabry if he wasn't planning on it.
    I am all for recruiting the kid. He averaged 26 points a game last year. He has game.
    You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

I agree on recruiting Mabry. Seems very solid.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    You are correct in saying K's plan is for Kyle to go to the NBA after this season. K is on record as saying that. In fairness to Airowe though, Kyle is on record as saying that he would not be willing to trade his Sr year at Duke to sit on the bench in the NBA. He does not want to go early unless it is felt that he would go high in the draft and see meaningful playing time on the team that drafts him.

So the only way he comes back is if the feedback received this spring is that he is not ready to play regularly on a NBA team. At this point I certainly do not expect him back but stranger things have happened. Who knows? Should Duke not win the title this year, maybe Kyle is the type of kid who wants to try one more time to win a title and who also wants to see his jersey in the rafters..

I see nothing wrong with "hoping" he comes back. But I also believe the staff should be recruiting Mabry and Smith if they think both kids can help the team and are good fits here. I am really hoping we get Smith for 2010 and Miller for 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post
    not to bring this painful point up again but I wanted to make sure...all these wings we are recruiting would be a "replacement" for Kyle Singler. It is pretty set that he's going to the NBA after a season without injury or major draft stock slide, correct?
    he's currently 28th on chad ford's big board, so i think he'd need to move up some 10 -15 spots before considering leaving

Do you think that if Kyle told K that he was going to the NBA, and then called him up to let him know that he had changed his mind, coach K would call him a liar?

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I'm on record as saying that Kyle won't go pro but that final decision will not be made until the Spring or possibly early Summer. I think it shows a great deal of proactivity to have some options in case I'm shown to be wrong.

I'm Kenny Dennard!
    Need to cover our bases just in case as we don't want to be caugh short handed as the SF. Because if Roscoe doesn't commit and then Kyle was to go, then we'd have no SF.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDukie View Post
    Need to cover our bases just in case as we don't want to be caugh short handed as the SF. Because if Roscoe doesn't commit and then Kyle was to go, then we'd have no SF.
    except Ryan Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy-own View Post
    except Ryan Kelly.
    What have you seen from Ryan Kelly that makes you think he's suited to play SF in college?

With all due respect, I think saying others are delusional to think Kyle will not go to the NBA is a bit harsh to other posters and short-sighted. Much can change between now and April that spurs Kyle to go to the league or stay another year. I am though in agreement with you to recruit Mabry as it appears he may be under the radar and still developing. And more importantly it allows Coach K to be flexible in filling possible needs for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDukie View Post
    I agree. I think Dawkins would be able to slide over to the three for a small lineup, but it would certainly be nice to have some depth and options at that position...

except Ryan Kelly.
    I knew someone would say Ryan Kelly. I like him but I just have trouble seeing him playing SF on a regular basis chasing around 6'5, 6'6 speed players and jumping jacks.

Its not hard if you look...

Andre Dawkins will be the Wing if Kyle leaves early.

except Ryan Kelly.
    Kelly is not a SF. He's a PF with good shooting touch. The only reason he sees any time at SF is because we have only 4 perimeter players on the roster, but we have 5 bigs. And really, he hasn't really played SF this year anyway. Next year, once his body has filled out a bit, he'll play PF/C where he's supposed to play.

i like Mabry's defense, he's blocking shots with two hands in a few videos I've seen. This is the type of athlete we've been missing...would like to see more of him in game but defensively he looks legit as a backup wing player

At the game today?

Was Mabry or any other recruit at the game today?

except Ryan Kelly.
    and Olek Czyz.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Was Mabry or any other recruit at the game today?

I saw a young athletic looking dude with a white Duke bball shirt on sitting right behind the bench. Not sure who it was, but I was thinking it could've been a recruit. Anyone know who I am talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    Andre Dawkins will be the Wing if Kyle leaves early.
    And Nolan Smith will play there as well. If the other team's "3" is too big for Andre or Nolan to handle, that's where Ryan Kelly and Olek Czyz (and/or maybe Josh Hairston) come in.

This guy kinda has the same shape and appears to have similar skills to a guy I like to call Nate "They Call Rocks as Hard as Him" James.

Pretty sure we can use more guys that are built like men when they show up to campus. Either way, I am glad we have options 1 (Roscoe), 2 and 3 (Zeigler and Mabry in no particular order that I am aware of) this year instead of 1 followed by nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    This guy kinda has the same shape and appears to have similar skills to a guy I like to call Nate "They Call Rocks as Hard as Him" James.

Pretty sure we can use more guys that are built like men when they show up to campus. Either way, I am glad we have options 1 (Roscoe), 2 and 3 (Zeigler and Mabry in no particular order that I am aware of) this year instead of 1 followed by nothing else.

I agree, I would love to get more guys built like a DeMarcus Nelson, except actually in the frontcourt. You can only teach toughness to a degree and
    we've been missing that edge for a while. I think Mason and Miles can get that eventually, but like you said, it would be nice to bring someone in that has that toughness from day 1.