Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

MBB: Wisconsin 73, Duke 69 Post-Game Thread

Thoughts go here.

Better now than in the tourney right?

Congrats to the Badgers. The better team won tonight - better by far, no matter how close the final score was.

My thought is that we were beaten fair and square by them; however the refs were straight up shady!!!

Not a bad loss. Good learning experience. Wisconsin is always a solid team...

Dawkins had his coming out party, but I'm baffled why they didn't look for him at the end of the game at all and instead settled for bad shots.

bo has the balls to say that the refs weren't fair. what a crock. wisconsin just went up on my most hated teams list. what a moron

great game....we had some good things showing...glad mason is back, kyle got his mojo on, and andre was MONEY...

great game..

oh...score wasn't that great

Great win for Wisconsin. Given what they had done earlier this year (absolutely nothing), I thought we would roll over them. They came out hot and killed us. Good for them.

Give them their credit--we were beaten. We had our chances but just got beaten. Learn from it and go on. Next.

Tourney

I hope we see these guys again somewhere down the road. I want Bo Ryan to have that look surgically removed from his face...and inserted into another part of his body.

I dont know if that half-court pass with 5 seconds left was drawn up in the previous timeout, or if it was an automatic play call, but we didnt need it. We had enough time. Too high risk.

We need to start running plays for Dawkins consistently.

Oh well, lots to learn from this one.

We were lucky to even be in that game. They shot the lights out. I know we didn't play great defense, but when a team shoots that well, sometimes you just have to tip your hat. Amazing that we got it that close. The dumb plays down the stretch hurt. We had chances, just blew them. I guess we should take encouragement that we were close at all.

We might be "unathletic", but I think we had an advantage there tonight that we didn't take advantage of...

Still don't understand Smith going for 2 when were down 3 with 5 seconds left...

The long pass on that last inbound play wasn't quite necessary, was it? It wasn't like there was only 2.1 seconds left...

I would put a large part of this loss on K. He has a zone that works and he goes away from it in the second half when we were getting killed in man. The bench disappeared, and Dawkins did not get any touches until the last 2 minutes. The motion offense disappeared tonight and we are back to the drive and kick. We played basically 6.5 people tonight (3 s, plumlee, dawkins, thomas, and zoubek). It seems like games get close, everything that was working we go away from.

Best shooter sat on the bench most of the game, go figure.

The last possession boggles my mind. Why we acted like there were 2 seconds left when there was 5 I have no idea.

I'm disappointed about the loss but I will say this: I love this team. I think after a season-long maturation process, we will be very dangerous come tourney time. Dawkins is automatic, and I love having shotblockers on the interior.

Bummer. Bad game for Jon, Nolan, and the refs.

Duke got lost a lot on offense in the first half. Smith took a lot of bad shots, they didn't get anyone but Singler involved, and Scheyer really struggled.

On the positive side, with Dawkins playing like he is, he is going to force Duke to get him involved offensively earlier in the game.

great game for singler. we're going to need more than just him and a terrific performance by dawkins for duke to be good this year.

scheyer needs to do better. zoubek and the plumlees need to finish around the hoop. our defense needs to be MUCH better.