View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match vs. Wisconsin?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andre Dawkins

54 35.76%
  • Mason Plumlee

1 0.66%
  • Miles Plumlee

1 0.66%
  • Jon Scheyer

1 0.66%
  • Kyle Singler

94 62.25%
  • Nolan Smith

0 0%
  • Lance Thomas

0 0%
  • Brian Zoubek

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Andre by a landslide.

I'll never award POTG to someone who biffs it on the last shot and then smiles about it.
    But if it wasn't for that player, we wouldn't have had a shot late in the game to tie it.

People keep saying that Dawkins singlehandedly gave us a chance. They're ignoring the fact that he did nothing at all for the first 35 minutes of the game. Without Singler literally carrying the offense in the first half, this game would have been out of hand and we'd probably have been seeing Dawkins take those late threes with Kelly, Czyz, Davidson, and Johnson on the floor.

Admittedly, Singler had some rough moments down the stretch, while Dawkins had a great shooting night down the stretch, but Singler was in my opinion the man of the match. It's a 40-minute game - not a game of the last 3 minutes.

My vote was for Kyle. Singler may have been a little careless with the ball late in the game, but he was amazing for most of the game (especially the first ten minutes). I was really impressed with Dre late in the game, but I think that without Singler, those Dawkins 3's would not have matter. I also must say that this is one of the few Duke losses that I have felt "OK" about. I really LOVE this team and I loved the way they just kept on fighting in the end. This team may very well go down as one of my all-time favorites.

IMO, Kyle had a much better overall performance. IMO, MOTM should be measured on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Andre by a landslide.

I'll never award POTG to someone who biffs it on the last shot and then smiles about it.
    I prefer to laugh at my mistakes instead of crying about them.

Gotta be Singler

Dawkins was magnificent.

But without Singler, Duke loses by 25 last night and Dawkins' shots just aren't as big.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    People keep saying that Dawkins singlehandedly gave us a chance. They're ignoring the fact that he did nothing at all for the first 35 minutes of the game. Without Singler literally carrying the offense in the first half, this game would have been out of hand and we'd probably have been seeing Dawkins take those late threes with Kelly, Czyz, Davidson, and Johnson on the floor.
    Without Singler, this game is just as lopsided as Clemson last year. That's how poorly everyone else played. I'm glad that Dawkins hit some late shots to give us a chance to win, but Singler was FAR better.