Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Mason Plumlee update: Could be back by Wednesday

Wonderful! No Nolan and no Mason for the first 2 games. This year is getting off to a great start! Get better fast Mason! We love ya.

I guess Ryan Kelly is going to get more run than we anticipated...

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    That was also my first thought. I guess that also applies to the rest of the bigs. This may also be an opportunity (especially the first 2 games) for Olek to get some time.
    Last edited by NSDukeFan; 11-12-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: trying to eliminate a redundancy

Yeah, which will be good for him. Didn't Tyler Zeller break his wrist last year for UNC and was out for a couple months? If this is the case, it's going to be a long 2 months for us.

Aaarrrrrgggghhhhh!

Well, good opportunity for Miles, Ryan, etc.

Good luck, Mason; get well soon.

Scheyer, Dawkins, Singler, Thomas, Plumlee1 for Friday?

Later on:
    Scheyer, Smith, Singler, Thomas, Plumlee1

Bench: Dawkins, Zoubek....Kelly?

Does "indefinitely" mean season ending or just November ending? This indefinitely thing is too ambiguous for my liking.

Brian Zoubek is going to have to step up to the plate and perform like the experienced senior he is. I'm confident Zoubs is up to the task, but I'm really disappointed for Mason.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Scheyer, Dawkins, Singler, Thomas, Plumlee1 for Friday?

Later on:
    Scheyer, Smith, Singler, Thomas, Plumlee1

Bench: Dawkins, Zoubek....Kelly?
    My guess is Z will start on Friday and Dawkins will come off the bench. Once Nolan gets back, then either Z or Lance will start, depending on matchups.

If Kelly and/or Olek prove they can cut it defensively, they will see time. Hopefully Mason won't be out too long and this won't hurt his short term development too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    Yeah, which will be good for him. Didn't Tyler Zeller break his wrist last year for UNC and was out for a couple months? If this is the case, it's going to be a long 2 months for us.
    Zeller broke multiple bones in his wrist, if I remember correctly, and his injury required surgery. From the article, this doesn't sound nearly as severe.

My guess is Z will start on Friday and Dawkins will come off the bench. Once Nolan gets back, then either Z or Lance will start, depending on matchups.

If Kelly and/or Olek prove they can cut it defensively, they will see time. Hopefully Mason won't be out too long and this won't hurt his short term development too much.
    yah, that sounds better.

That's definitely bad news. It puts a LOT more pressure on Thomas, Miles Plumlee, Zoubek and Kelly. One of the strengths of the frontcourt was that Plumlee was likely to be an impact player, and then we just needed one of the other four bigs to be a consistent presence. Hopefully he heals quickly, but it appears to be a big setback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    Does "indefinitely" mean season ending or just November ending? This indefinitely thing is too ambiguous for my liking.
    I'm no insider or othropod but was somewhat relieved to read:
    Injury does not require surgery
    Injury is to his left (non-shooting hand) wrist

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by striker219 View Post
    Zeller broke multiple bones in his wrist, if I remember correctly, and his injury required surgery. From the article, this doesn't sound nearly as severe.
    Yeah I don't think this sounds as bad as Zeller's injury last year, and I think his recovery time will be shorter.

ummm here is an article talking about how Mason is Duke's most skilled player this season:

http://community.foxsports.com/goodm...rthanded_early

Unhappy Nooooooo!

"The fracture will not require surgery to repair and he will be evaluated by the Duke medical staff on a weekly basis."

Wait a minute it's his non-dominate hand, perhaps just a hairline fracture, no surgery and will be evaluated each week... makes me think he will be back sooner vice later. Here's hoping for a fast and full recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    "The fracture will not require surgery to repair and he will be evaluated by the Duke medical staff on a weekly basis."

Wait a minute it's his non-dominate hand, perhaps just a hairline fracture, no surgery and will be evaluated each week... makes me think he will be back sooner vice later. Here's hoping for a fast and full recovery!
    I certainly hope so. This team loses a lot of its luster if Mason Plumlee is out for a long time, because so much of the excitement was how he'd change the team's frontcourt while Smith and Singler offset the losses in the backcourt. Without him, we go back to a lot of the same question marks in the frontcourt.

Hopefully it is a minor injury (at least it is to his non-shooting hand) and he's able to recover quickly. And hopefully this opportunity helps Kelly and Miles Plumlee establish themselves.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    That's definitely bad news. It puts a LOT more pressure on Thomas, Miles Plumlee, Zoubek and Kelly. One of the strengths of the frontcourt was that Plumlee was likely to be an impact player, and then we just needed one of the other four bigs to be a consistent presence. Hopefully he heals quickly, but it appears to be a big setback.
    Yes it is. And I am much more concerned about the long term effect. Mason needed these early games to help his development and get him ready for ACC play. Terrible set back.

Ok all of you doctors and medical experts. Since surgery is not required, how long will it take for this injury to heal and when can we expect to see him on the court again? I also wonder which wrist it is? Really hoping its the left and not his shooting hand.

Ok. I see now it was the left wrist, so that lessens the impact a bit. Still not good but could have been a lot worse. (See Zeller 08)

I really hope this is no more than a 4 to 6 week deal and he can play in those last 2 tune up games in late Dec.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 11-12-2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: New Info