Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    UConn looks *really* good.

They look better tonight than any other team I've seen play so far this year. That's not to say they are the best team, just that they are playing at a very high level tonight.

How we do against them (should we beat ASU) will be very telling. If we can beat them than I think Duke is for real.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I was at the 2004 Final Four loss to UCon(n). It was heartbreaking. Their fans were horribly rude the whole time we were in San Antonio.
    I was at the 2006 Sweet Sixteen loss to LSU. I'm a Celtics fan and hate Glen Davis. Screw LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Azdukefan View Post
    I too was at that game and the lasting image I have engrained in my mind was seeing CDU's brother outside balling. I went up to him and gave him a hug and told him to tell Chris we were blessed to have had him for four years.

That has been the only Duke game I have been to until I attend the Duke-UNC game at Cameron this year (just bought tickets the other day). I am looking forward to seeing Duke get to .500 with me in attendance.
    Wow, brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Reminder: "the university of Connecticut" is in New Haven, not Storrs.
    But "The reformatory of Connecticut" is in Storrs.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    But "The reformatory of Connecticut" is in Storrs.
    And THE University of North Carolina is in Durham.

Quote Originally Posted by dukieinhebron View Post
    Who do you believe is more athletic Gerald Henderson or Stanley Robinson?
    robinson
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Spam Filter View Post
    UConn looks *really* good.

They look better tonight than any other team I've seen play so far this year. That's not to say they are the best team, just that they are playing at a very high level tonight.

How we do against them (should we beat ASU) will be very telling. If we can beat them than I think Duke is for real.
    I watched UConn in some of their earlier games, and I wasn't impressed. They were struggling against teams like Hofstra and Colgate. They looked much better tonight against LSU, but unfortunately the Tigers are a very poor team this year. They lost 5 players from their 7-man rotation, and their best newcomer will sitting out the season much like Seth Curry (as a Duke and LSU fan, it's killing me that Malcolm White and Seth both have to sit out this year, while coaches can move around at will).

At the end of the day, UConn is a team with a 6-man rotation, at least until the second semester when Ater Majok is eligible. I think it will be a close game, but I like our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by JaMarcus Russell View Post
    I watched UConn in some of their earlier games, and I wasn't impressed. They were struggling against teams like Hofstra and Colgate. They looked much better tonight against LSU, but unfortunately the Tigers are a very poor team this year. They lost 5 players from their 7-man rotation, and their best newcomer will sitting out the season much like Seth Curry (as a Duke and LSU fan, it's killing me that Malcolm White and Seth both have to sit out this year, while coaches can move around at will).

At the end of the day, UConn is a team with a 6-man rotation, at least until the second semester when Ater Majok is eligible. I think it will be a close game, but I like our chances.
    The good news is that UConn doesn't have an inside game. Their best post player, Gavin [Something], had a pretty good game but he hasn't played much in the past. Also, their starting 4 and 5 aren't very good at all and don't log a lot of minutes. It's their 1, 2, 3 that are down-right scary - Walker, Dyson, and Robinson. I don't think there is a more athletic backcourt in the country. Also, they can all shoot the 3. This game will be won in the backcourt, as both frontcourts have been fairly inept (lets hope Mason changes this!) This is also a game for Lance Thomas to show his defensive versatility - someone will need to guard Robinson well without fouling. I hope Lance is up to it.

I think we will rebound huge for this game. I'm not as worried now as I've reflected on the game yesterday.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club