Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Zīs case

Now that's what I'm talking about

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Are you thinking of Geiger? What I really remember is the time Hurley was out, and Duke was playing GT in Atlanta. Coach K did a substitution, so that Grant Hill was the biggest Duke player on the floor, playing point. GT ended up with Geiger on Hill. You could see Hill's eyes get big when he saw the matchup. He drove and got fouled, but didn't make the hoop.

I agree that Zoubs may get an NBA shot.
    Good post with positives about our Duke guys. It's one thing to give your opinion on what a Duke player did wrong, but to just trash him is another. I am sure some Duke players either read some of the things posted about them or are told of the things posted about them. I don't want to be the person that says something hateful/spiteful about one of our own guys and he reads it. If it were my son that was playing or my best friend's son I know I would not say anything to hurt that young man. That's just the way I feel and I'm sorry if some posters don't agree. So, Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Zoubs could benefit from being softer through the spine and ribs. That would be huge. Huge! In my opinion, of course.
    Are you saying he would be better if he had osteoporosis?

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Now that was funny..

Manos de piedra, that's real good. But now it's more of the pies.

Smile Matt Geiger and Zoubs

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Are you thinking of Geiger? What I really remember is the time Hurley was out, and Duke was playing GT in Atlanta. Coach K did a substitution, so that Grant Hill was the biggest Duke player on the floor, playing point. GT ended up with Geiger on Hill. You could see Hill's eyes get big when he saw the matchup. He drove and got fouled, but didn't make the hoop.

I agree that Zoubs may get an NBA shot.
    Yep. It was Matt Geiger, who graduated in Laettner's year and was a second round draft pick. In three games against Duke his senior year, he played 17, 26, and 18 mins. with 5, 4, and 5 fouls. He averaged 6.0 pts. In the first of those games, he was totally lost against Laettner, who had 31 points.

In the NBA he played nine full seasons, and his last contract was for four years and $29 million. Not bad.

I am not predicting the same NBA career for Zoubs, but I believe he is as good as Matt Geiger was in college.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    If your ribs and spine are rigid, and Zoubs are like they are a solid piece of bone, than so will your neck be. You lift your head with a stiff neck, and your weight goes to your heals. You try shooting it from there. Zoub's doesn't. He never just turns and shoots. How come?

You hold your ribs and spine rigid, what do you think it does to your arms which, hello, are connected to what little things. Hands, that's right boys and girls, don't be afraid to answer.

Your hold your spine and ribs rigid, see what it does to your ability to move your pelvis, to tip it forward and back, to lift one hip or the other. The pelvis is what, the power center and your center of gravity, that's right, keep them coming.

I could go on because we have not gotten into its impact on footwork (I have alluded to it by mentioning "center of gravity" but that might have been too subtle).

You have seen no one perform with grace and ease in anything with rigid ribs and a rigid spine. No one! Not possible. In my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Yep. It was Matt Geiger, who graduated in Laettner's year and was a second round draft pick. In three games against Duke his senior year, he played 17, 26, and 18 mins. with 5, 4, and 5 fouls. He averaged 6.0 pts. In the first of those games, he was totally lost against Laettner, who had 31 points.

In the NBA he played nine full seasons, and his last contract was for four years and $29 million. Not bad.

I am not predicting the same NBA career for Zoubs, but I believe he is as good as Matt Geiger was in college.

sagegrouse
    Geiger was a better player than Zoubek. He was less awkward, and it showed in his ability to generally stay out of foul trouble. Geiger averaged over 25mpg in his last three college seasons, and averaged over 15ppg with Auburn as a sophomore and over 11ppg on very guard-oriented GT teams as a junior and senior.

Geiger was quicker and more athletic than Zoubek, which is why he got drafted. He was clearly not as good as Laettner in college, but there's a large gap between Laettner and Zoubek obviously. Zoubek was a better rebounder, but has a lot more trouble with the speed of the college game than Geiger did.

That's not to say Zoubek couldn't get an NBA look. Being over 7'0" affords you more opportunities than most. I highly doubt he'll get there, but you never know.
    Last edited by CDu; 11-27-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Smile Zoubs Against UConn

I would describe Zoubs's play against UConn as "ferocious." And when you are the tallest and strongest player on the court, ferocity is a really good trait.

The coaches have to be impressed with what Zoubs is bringing to the game, and I expect he will get as many minutes as his foul situation permits.

sagegrouse

I think he gave them more than they expected against Uconn.