Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I agree with you about Ryan. I thought he had a light bulb moment last game and I voted for him as MOTM for that reason. I see a bright future for him.
    Yes I also had that same thought during the Radford game. I think that he just looked a lot more "comfortable" during this game. I think that he is "getting the hang" of the college game and I think that he will have a breakout performance soon.

I know he came in needing to add some weight, but I'm not sure why the surprise that a top 15 player in his recruiting class is able to contribute regardless of some physical limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Double DD View Post
    I know he came in needing to add some weight, but I'm not sure why the surprise that a top 15 player in his recruiting class is able to contribute regardless of some physical limitations.
    Speaking for myself, I doubted he would be physically ready on Defense. I never doubted his offensive skills, which were the main reason for his high ranking. I think his high basketball IQ makes up for his physical limitations on defense, and it is hard to tell just how good players will be on D until they play against D1 college players. This really remains to be seen, but a lot of it could be cleared up tonight...

He honestly looks very different now than he did before the season. Maybe it's just because most of us really only saw him in summer league games and/or all-star games, but he seems to be the type of player that thrives when given a lot of coaching and direction (rather than just freestyling in a loose, pickup-style game). He just to be playing with more purpose these days.

The main difference, IMO, is how aggressive he is off the ball. While his on-ball defense looks better, the biggest change I've noticed is how he's started to crash the boards, challenge interior shots from the weak side, and generally just insert himself into plays that he would previously have timidly stood by and watched. He's smart and skilled enough with the basketball that if he can prove to be that kind of stat-stuffing all around presence against solid competetion, it makes him infinitely more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    He honestly looks very different now than he did before the season. Maybe it's just because most of us really only saw him in summer league games and/or all-star games, but he seems to be the type of player that thrives when given a lot of coaching and direction (rather than just freestyling in a loose, pickup-style game). He just to be playing with more purpose these days.

The main difference, IMO, is how aggressive he is off the ball. While his on-ball defense looks better, the biggest change I've noticed is how he's started to crash the boards, challenge interior shots from the weak side, and generally just insert himself into plays that he would previously have timidly stood by and watched. He's smart and skilled enough with the basketball that if he can prove to be that kind of stat-stuffing all around presence against solid competetion, it makes him infinitely more valuable.
    It may have had something to do with his illness over the Summer too. In seeing Ryan at the Pro-Am, he definitely looked squeamish and apprehensive. Now, that could have been the quality of player he was going against. I think we'll find out more about Ryan's game over the weekend...

I definitly dont want to get off topic( there are multiple threads for this one) but John Henson on unc was a top player and look how much he is doing. Just saying.

Tickets

I got two lower level tickets to the game tonight at the MSG box office for $45 each. So if you are in the area or will be on Friday, go support the Blue Devils!

kyrieirving Me and my boy @blank908 bought some tickets for the duke game at the garden...let's go duke..H&H about 1 hour ago

Quote Originally Posted by 05/18/2005 View Post
    I definitly dont want to get off topic( there are multiple threads for this one) but John Henson on unc was a top player and look how much he is doing. Just saying.
    I thought of him when I wrote my post, but I think that's more a statement on Henson and the accuracy of the assessment of his ability to adjust to a better level of play. I think he's a bit of an outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    There are some new updates on BluePlanet today. They have pics up from todays practice in New Jersey. Coach Knight attended the practice and spoke to the team.

Also, one Mason Plumlee was dressed out in his practice gear which is a great sign. He still had the soft cast on but still encouraging to see him with a practice uni on.

http://www.blueplanetshots.com/2009-...23137511_VHKyg
    Thanks for the link Boozer. I am touch by coach Knight's presence at the practice ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    There are some new updates on BluePlanet today. They have pics up from todays practice in New Jersey. Coach Knight attended the practice and spoke to the team.

Also, one Mason Plumlee was dressed out in his practice gear which is a great sign. He still had the soft cast on but still encouraging to see him with a practice uni on.

http://www.blueplanetshots.com/2009-...23137511_VHKyg
    Man, I hope the team wasn't overly inspired by the "NJ Nets Building Blocks to 0-14".

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Royal blues are substantially outnumbered by the ex Conns. Hope more Dukies show up for game 2.
    Last edited by 77devil; 11-25-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Coach Knight has some very nice words for the Blue Devils during his broadcast of the UConn game. He really likes Scheyer and Singler, calls them two of the smartest players in the country.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Coach Knight has some very nice words for the Blue Devils during his broadcast of the UConn game. He really likes Scheyer and Singler, calls them two of the smartest players in the country.
    I think you folks at home are getting Dickie V for game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Awesome baby!

you can follow the live tempo-based stats here for those interested...

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=3641

Did Jon just commit a turnover?

SWEET TURNOVER JON.

stepping out of bounds? really? lame.

Well that's that, I guess.