Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Very curious to see how R. Kelly does against his first legit competition - will he show up? I just love having another 6-10 shotblocker in there to clean things up (not to mention a great high-post passer), hopefully he continues his recent aggressive streak!

How will Andre follow up his breakout night against Radford? I think it'd be big for his confidence if he went for at least 10 tomorrow.

Will Miles show another power post move or two? It's not like he needs to learn any finesse - just pound that shoulder into the defender, jump "through" him, and SCORE the ball (don't shoot it!).

I agree that Kyle is primed to go off. He's kept a relatively low profile in our blowouts, now it's time to put on a show in MSG.

It'll be interesting to see if our length on the perimeter throws them off a little. If they're on fire from 3, we could be in for a game. Otherwise, it could be a fun one for us to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Very curious to see how R. Kelly does
    can we please NOT call him that...? Eww...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    can we please NOT call him that...? Eww...
    I agree. We have to refer to him as Ryan Kelly, Ryan, or Kelly but not R. Kelly.

Duke vs. Sendek: A Pack fan's nightmare

What is a State fan to do?

This is an older post (8/12/2009) but relevant.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow...fans-nightmare

So it's extremely likely that on Nov. 25 - the day before Thanksgiving - N.C. State fans will have to choose between Mike Krzyzewski and Herb Sendek if they want a rooting interest as they prepare their holiday feasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Battierfan01 View Post
    I agree. We have to refer to him as Ryan Kelly, Ryan, or Kelly but not R. Kelly.
    What, I'm just saying that I hope Kells doesn't get "Trapped On The Bench" tomorrow...

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

What, I'm just saying that I hope Kells doesn't get "Trapped On The Bench" tomorrow...
    I have been wrong before but I just don't see that happening. I believe Ryan will continue to stay in the normal rotation and get his fair share of minutes. He likely will lose a few when Mason returns as will others. But I definitely thinks he plays a lot of minutes in New York this week.

And I will be very surprised if we get to ACC play and Ryan turns into someone who gets 3 or 4 minutes in the 1st half and then rides the pine the 2nd half ala Marty or Taylor King.

I just see a lot in this kid and feel he is better than some folks realize.

I, for one, am going to be in a pissy mood if R. Kelly doesn't get significant time in front of the tv cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    I just see a lot in this kid and feel he is better than some folks realize.
    I had a lot of doubts before the season started about Ryan Kelly's ability to contribute. Everything I've seen so far has proven my preseason doubts were unwarranted. Kelly plays defense, rebounds, doesn't turn the ball over, and dishes out assists in addition to being able to score points. He appears to be a guy who can continue to contribute even when the level of competition improves.
    Bob Green

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    There are some new updates on BluePlanet today. They have pics up from todays practice in New Jersey. Coach Knight attended the practice and spoke to the team.

Also, one Mason Plumlee was dressed out in his practice gear which is a great sign. He still had the soft cast on but still encouraging to see him with a practice uni on.

http://www.blueplanetshots.com/2009-...23137511_VHKyg

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    Yeah losing Pendegraph and Harden are alot to replace. Duke is not a good matchup for ASU. Duke is too disciplined and has too much experience. Duke's first test outside of the confines of Cameron. Probably more of an issue for ASU than for Duke though.

I don't expect Duke to have too much of a problem with ASU. I'd like to see Duke play with a chip on their shoulder and for all the guys not named Singler, Scheyer, and Smith to continue to build on their games in MSG under the big lights.

I agree. ASU has had 4 wins against competition with already a combined 8-10 record and all at home. Going cross country to New York to take on Duke is a tough assignment, though I would hope they come out and play well and give Duke some fight. That would help us against UCONN or LSU.

Game day! Gonna be an exciting game. First one against a BCS team. Let's do this - Duke is gonna kick some serious @ss!!!!!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    There are some new updates on BluePlanet today. They have pics up from todays practice in New Jersey. Coach Knight attended the practice and spoke to the team.

Also, one Mason Plumlee was dressed out in his practice gear which is a great sign. He still had the soft cast on but still encouraging to see him with a practice uni on.

http://www.blueplanetshots.com/2009-...23137511_VHKyg
    I'm enjoying this year's team alot. They are playing savy basketball. High IQ stuff. And the best part, is that Mason is on the way

Duke really needs to force the action in this game and attack the basket. I don't see us putting up 100 in this game, but I think anything over 80 will be enough to get us a win.

I see Nolan really putting up a lot of points as his Showtime personality will really shine under the bright lights.

ASU

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Duke really needs to force the action in this game and attack the basket. I don't see us putting up 100 in this game, but I think anything over 80 will be enough to get us a win.

I see Nolan really putting up a lot of points as his Showtime personality will really shine under the bright lights.
    With the methodical pace that ASU likes to play at, 65-70 points could get us the win. We need to push the tempo at every opportunity. They just don't have the firepower to match what we have but if we play their style, it could be a game deep into the second half.

I know someone is going to throw stats out there, but based on the "eye test," ASU truly is not much better than a Charlotte team that we pounded. That coupled with ASU's lack of playing on the big stage I will say.......
    84-61 the good guys!

Thumbs up Nolan

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post

I agree, a nationally televised game under the bright lights at MSG. I think that the stage is set for Nolan to have a HUGE game. Its time for "Showtime" to show the college basketball world that he is the real deal.

Battierfan01
    Defense Minister NS FAN CLUB
    Last edited by Bob Green; 11-25-2009 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Fix quote tag

I see R.kelly having a good game. I want to see if Nolan can follow up his first two performances.

PULEEEZE...can we just call him RK? Please?

i have issues with "R.Kelly"

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i have issues with "R.Kelly"
    as do 15 year old girls...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    I see R.kelly having a good game. I want to see if Nolan can follow up his first two performances.
    I hope so. I'm ready to see Kelly bust out and have a big game. I really like this kid's game and I'm ready for him to show everyone what he's got.

Quote Originally Posted by Battierfan01 View Post
    I hope so. I'm ready to see Kelly bust out and have a big game. I really like this kid's game and I'm ready for him to show everyone what he's got.
    I agree with you about Ryan. I thought he had a light bulb moment last game and I voted for him as MOTM for that reason. I see a bright future for him.