Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Even this analysis wouldn't tell you too much. You would think the home team would have a decided advantage regardless of fan influence since it's the same rim and atmosphere they practice on regularly.
    I would agree on that with FG% but I don't think that different gyms and rims would have that much impact on FT's... It might, but it would be interesting to see what the numbers said.

Ol' Roy, in full denial

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/story/6649717/

"It's a non-issue to me," Williams said. "I'm sorry it happened. I wish it hadn't happened, and that's enough."

Not exactly an admission of wrongdoing. He's really got some issues, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/story/6649717/

"It's a non-issue to me," Williams said. "I'm sorry it happened. I wish it hadn't happened, and that's enough."

Not exactly an admission of wrongdoing. He's really got some issues, doesn't he?
    They just talked about it on the Texas-unc game. Still going with the intoxicated, no ticket story. At least they didn't mention the Presbyterian College fan's name.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    They just talked about it on the Texas-unc game. Still going with the intoxicated, no ticket story. At least they didn't mention the Presbyterian College fan's name.
    Yeah, I heard that too. If the guy really wasn't drunk, as he claims, and UNC keeps bringing it up doesn't he have some kind of potential lawsuit for defamation of character or something (not a lawyer)?

Anyone else notice the guy directly behind the UNC bench wearing a DUKE shirt? How did HE get in on Roy's tickets? (ie behind the bench)

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    Anyone else notice the guy directly behind the UNC bench wearing a DUKE shirt? How did HE get in on Roy's tickets? (ie behind the bench)
    yea i noticed that. awesome.

Smile Who Dares To Criticize Duke ...

For its play at the end of the half. In the UNC-Texas game, Texas scored, and UNC got the ball with 22 secs. left. Easy decision to play for the last shot -- NOT! It's "final play" of the half led to the score -- UNC 0, Texas 4:

a. Rushed shot by UNC with about 10 secs., fumbled RB, turnover to Texas.

b. Texas gets a basket with 2-3 secs. left on about a fourth attempt at a tip-in.

c. Texas then steals the inbound pass under the basket and makes a layup at the buzzer.

Much worse than Duke's bad habit of dribbling out the clock and rushing a shot at the end.

sagegrouse
    Last edited by sagegrouse; 12-19-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added more incriminating detail

Pertinent to nothing...

Anyone know why is Roy using a purse (hideous one at that) as a sling?

R.jpg

Ed Hardin on ol' Roy

Ed Hardin of the Greensboro News and Record has an entertaining story in today's paper (12-20) regarding the strange behavior of Roy Williams.

http://www.news-record.com/content/2...s_making_sense

"Then he sicced security on him, and the next thing you know the Presbyterian was being dragged from his seat. Then they concocted some story about him being drunk, when everybody knows Presbyterians don't drink, and they said some other things about him that weren't true and the next thing you know he was being banished from the church of Chapel Hill by Williams himself."

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I found Dickie V's [and the other shills'] comments dismaying, but almost all the time the shills are gonna back the establishment and the coaches, including K. [Lord knows I sure was happy to see Dick calling that game rather than ours.]

Back to Roy: If he keeps digging his hole deeper, I've no problem with highlighting his dishonesty. I think he's now at a point where he cannot now admit to being fully in the wrong, for it's obvious he's had a week to do so, and didn't. The good news for him is that the holiday break should allow this story to fade. And maybe "should" is the appropriate word, for he's embarrassed himself sufficiently.

That he was unable to apologize is hardly unique, for it's my view that a majority of folks just can't say the words, "I was wrong," much less, "You're right, I'm wrong."

a concerted effort on our part to continue to call the UNC athletic office, the N&O sport department, WRAL, WPTF, 620 THE BUZZ, 850 and 99.9 the fan and repeatedly ask "has roy apologized yet" might help to keep the seat warm for him...

but, i'm guessing y'all aren't nearly the trouble makers i am...

I don't hate Duke

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    I think there is a distinction which needs to be made here. Duke fans get upset because many of the Duke haters have no reason for their hate. If ACC fans want to hate us because we so regularly beat their teams that's fine. If Kentucky fans want to hate us because of Christian Laetner then so be it. When Tennessee, Nebraska, ________ (insert name of school outside the ACC) want to hate us, that's when I ask why? Why put energy into watching Duke games and cheering for us to lose when you rarely play against us? Or even worse why does the media cheer for us to lose? (ex. the NCAA loss to VCU) This is the kind of hate that annoys me.

I don't think it's fair to call Duke fans hypocritical for hating on UNC. We hate them simply because they are UNC not because of their record.
    I don't hate Duke. It's a very complicated relationship really. I root for Duke only when they play UNC or if they can knock off someone higher ranked than UK. I can't say that I dislike them either. If it weren't for UNC I probably would hate Duke just for that "unpleasantness" back in 92. Then there is the issue of Coach K. I can't hate a team just because of a coach. He is classy, disciplined, and totally committed to winning. I can't hate that!! However when someone (like Brett Friedlander of the Fayetteville Fishwrap) starts spouting off that "The ACC is the best basketball conference ever" or "Everyone else is challenging UNC's dominance in Basketball" I have to take a stand against it. Even though you dukies have your share of irrational idiot fans (much like UK) for the most part on this board...it's been very objective and logical (again..for the most part). How can I say I truly hate Duke? I can't.

I like the idea of this thread. It could serve as a containment area for the TDDification of DBR.

I bleed Duke Blue and White and do not apologize for that. I really, I mean really can not stand the Tar Heels. Some people are more passionate than others when it comes to their feelings about the team from Chapel Hole. I live by this motto: I am fan of Duke and anyone who plays the Tar Heels. Having be brought up in Raleigh, you learn at a very young age where to place your loyality. All these years later, living in Chicago, 800 and something miles away, I can say, I still hate them and think that is the worst shade of blue ever created. I don't care if anyone hates me for being a Duke fan. I rather be hated than called a Tar Heel.