Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Blue View Post
    point taken
    It's been pretty hard for 'Holes to accept that Duke has surpassed UNC as far as NBA talent...that was always their last leg to stand on. Just wait in a couple of years when the 'Sheeds, 'Stacks and VC's are in serious decline. When they used to use that argument, I'd just tell them that I don't watch the NBA, but of course realize that is every college kid's dream, so it is relevant.

I guarantee Carolina Blue did not go to UNC. Most of the 'Holes I know are thoughtful, well-spoken folks. When someone says that Duke Bball is just Coach K, and we need to go ahead and replace him with Dawkins, and then further says K is running the program into the ground like BB did (is doing) at FSU - You can't take them seriously.

Carolina Blue, there is too much to even begin as far as disputing your inferences, so I will leave it at this; UNC and Duke do NOT get their players from the same pool academically. UNC is somewhere around the middle of the pack as far as admission standards.

Thump your chest now, while you can. I was at Duke from '98-'02, prob the best four years to be a student other than early nineties. Every Tar Heel fan like yourself had the Chicken Little mentality...except for the faithful who knew that everntually things would even back out. You guys are on top right now. Enjoy it. It won't last forever. And when we are back on top...you won't see me on IC or some other team's fan site looking to stir things up. Act like you have been there before, and know that no matter how bad it gets (8-20) you will likely be back there again one day. Learn to win with class, and lose with class, and then you will find your respect.

OK, this has gone on long enough. The discussion hasn't been on-topic for some time, and it's no longer productive.

Everyone take a deep breath, read the stickied threads up at the top of this board, and return to the high level of discourse that defines DBR.

This thread is done.