Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnes to UNC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Barnes to UNC

We're all disappointed. Please keep it civil.

-jk

Man. This one hurts. I know some people will bounce right back to say next play, but I'm remarkably down for 4 pm on a Friday afternoon.

Good luck to Harrison Barnes. Would have loved to have you here. Best wishes in your basketball career (except when you are playing us of course).

Angry

Not sure what kind of magic Ol' Roy has over there in CH, but he seems to get whatever and whoever he wants lately... Now, let's just kick the crap out of them and HB next year!

I'm so disappointed I could spit nails.

I was watching on the gym TV and the second he said "Coach Roy Williams" I ripped my headphones out of the treadmill and stormed out.

Then imagine my suprise when I saw this on my google news reader:

Freaking LA Times.

I'm going to go break something, then get over this at some point.

We still have Kyrie and I am telling you that is a lot to be excited about. He will make everyone better!

NCAA Championship

I think it is not easy to compete with UNC in recruiting the same player when their team members are national champions...until the new wears off of that and those players are gone it will be difficult to get someone Carolina is after...will be an interesting next year with him on the court. Beat them five in a row and the decision won't look nearly as good to him as it may now.

I was a bit disappointed with Patterson.

Surprised about Wright.

This one, for the first time, is disapointing. I thought we had this kid - early too.

Well, you still play the game on the court and we have a great team - even better next year.

Watching that press conference unfold, only to hear him say, "Coach Roy Williams?" WAS literally like getting a nasty stomach punch....uhhhhhh...I have never watched one of those before with so much on the line...man it stung...and it was either us or Heel fans that were gonna feel that way...no one else watching thought they had a chance...left at the altar...PAINFUL...HB, if you were going for dramatic effect, you got what you wanted.

UNC has moved ahead

I have a friend and kind of an in-law who is a former Div I assistant. He told me that UNC under Roy Williams has moved ahead of Duke in recruiting and winning.

Clearly he is right.

I had hoped that a class with Barnes, Irving, Curry transfer etc. would prove him wrong but it is not to be.

SoCal
    Last edited by SoCalDukeFan; 11-13-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: type

anyone else think that whole press conference was a little over the top. I mean skyyping the coach on national television.

I hope Singler hangs around another year to welcome him to the biggest rivalry in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by mj2345 View Post
    anyone else think that whole press conference was a little over the top. I mean skyyping the coach on national television.

I hope Singler hangs around another year to welcome him to the biggest rivalry in sports.
    I don't think so...the kid had fun with it...until I heard him say Roy's name, I thought it was great.

Should have learned my lesson with JWall. But after this, I'll never get excited about a teenager committing to Duke until I see him on the court in a Blue Devil jersey.

Time to focus on the here and now. Game 1 tonight. LET'S go DEVils!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucknut View Post
    Should have learned my lesson with JWall. But after this, I'll never get excited about a teenager committing to Duke until I see him on the court in a Blue Devil jersey.

Time to focus on the here and now. Game 1 tonight. LET'S go DEVils!
    Amen brother

one season

The new world order can change fast. One good run to the Final Four.

Relax guys IF Barnes is as good as advertised he was a one and done, and how much does that really help. Yeah I know Carmello etc. Getting a good point guard was much more important IMHO. So we got the recruit we really needed.

I think the key to UNC resurgence was Tyler Hansborough and he was a not quite elite type NBA type player so he stuck around.

I love K, always will. But Roy is head and shoulders above him in recruiting. An earlier post said our image has taken a hit in recent years and i agree. We are known as a team who cant get past the sweet 16. UNC is known as a team who is contending for a title each and every year, i hate to admit it. But the Tar Heels are way ahead of us in so many areas right now

Barnes is a really great kid and I'll be rooting for him, even over there. We need more student athletes like him, so we better appreciate it when one comes along - regardless of his choice of schools.

s.i.

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    I think the key to UNC resurgence was Tyler Hansborough and he was a not quite elite type NBA type player so he stuck around.
    This is a good point. I had a similar thought. My brain really tends to compare Harrison with Brandan Wright... mostly because of his size and potential to go to the league (I realize they play different positions and have different skills). He'll be in an impact player for a short time, but not a program-changing player and possibly not enough to bring home a title (though I really liked Duke's chances with him on the roster ).

Roy Williams is just on another planet with recruiting right now. He takes whoever he wants and that is just how it goes when you win those championships. Duke had him in the bag and Roy turned him. Plain and Simple. There is just nothing that can be done about it...

Heck of a team this year and in 2010-2011. Good times ahead regardless. Lets Go Duke.

I hate him cuz he's a hole

Very simple-- I want to beat this kid silly on the basketball court, just b/c of the uniform he's going to wear. Don't think he's dumb, misguided, evil or anything else, and I don't think his commitment to UNC signifies anything in particular. I just want to beat the Holes every time we see them this year and for ever and ever in the future. Bend 'em over and teach 'em proper.

Go Duke!!!

ps-- those skype shenanigans were lame

Bummer. We'll just have to beat him 8+ times.