Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnes to UNC

This could effect the team and the coaches performance tonight. We'll see by their actions.

Okay, I know that many of you are anxiously awaiting to hear my take on all this. All I ask is that you kindly be patient. I do have some interesting, really far out comments I wish to share. Unfortunately, my mind is drawing a blank at the moment, and of course old age and senility are setting in. So, I will sleep on this, perhaps for several days. And if that doesn't work, I will seek out a speech writer to assist me in writing something clever and coherent. In the meantime, I would like to give a big shout out to all my friends and fans on the board who have been so supportive over the years. Stay tuned...

Tough day for Duke.

This is exactly how I felt when Shane Battier chose Duke.

The new world order...

of college hoops sets up like this:

Superpowers: UNC, Kentucky, Kansas
    Next rung: UCLA, Duke

After that, you'll get the odd year from Michigan State or Ohio State (next year's class could push them back to Oden-like heights) or a two-year run from Florida.

But right now, everything is going to UNC and Kentucky, with Kansas a step behind.

It sucks.

dukemsu

anyone else think that whole press conference was a little over the top. I mean skyyping the coach on national television.

I hope Singler hangs around another year to welcome him to the biggest rivalry in sports.

Roy Williams is just better right now than Coach K. He is a better recruiter and is at worst the equal of him as a coach but probably slightly better, judging from his recent NCAA success, and you know what, it is OK. You can't have the best or be the best all the time, and right now Duke does not have the best recruiter and possibly not the best coach..

Quote Originally Posted by mj2345 View Post
    anyone else think that whole press conference was a little over the top. I mean skyyping the coach on national television.

I hope Singler hangs around another year to welcome him to the biggest rivalry in sports.
    I don't think so...the kid had fun with it...until I heard him say Roy's name, I thought it was great.

Should have learned my lesson with JWall. But after this, I'll never get excited about a teenager committing to Duke until I see him on the court in a Blue Devil jersey.

Time to focus on the here and now. Game 1 tonight. LET'S go DEVils!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Roy Williams is just better right now than Coach K. He is a better recruiter and is at worst the equal of him as a coach but probably slightly better, judging from his recent NCAA success, and you know what, it is OK. You can't have the best or be the best all the time, and right now Duke does not have the best recruiter and possibly not the best coach..
    Neither is the best coach. Several are better game coaches.

Recruiting is the biggest part of it, and right now, Duke is losing to UNC all the time.

dukemsu

Quote Originally Posted by Tucknut View Post
    Should have learned my lesson with JWall. But after this, I'll never get excited about a teenager committing to Duke until I see him on the court in a Blue Devil jersey.

Time to focus on the here and now. Game 1 tonight. LET'S go DEVils!
    Amen brother

Roy is beating K head-to-head on a consistent basis. That much is pretty clear.

james mcadoo now harrison barnes. AHHHHHHHH!

13. Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Not everywhere. Only on the court, in the tournament and in recruiting. Otherwise things have been great . . .

Quote Originally Posted by micah75 View Post
    Okay, I know that many of you are anxiously awaiting to hear my take on all this. All I ask is that you kindly be patient. I do have some interesting, really far out comments I wish to share. Unfortunately, my mind is drawing a blank at the moment, and of course old age and senility are setting in. So, I will sleep on this, perhaps for several days. And if that doesn't work, I will seek out a speech writer to assist me in writing something clever and coherent. In the meantime, I would like to give a big shout out to all my friends and fans on the board who have been so supportive over the years. Stay tuned...
    Your ego far outstrips your rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Agreed. The question is really why? Can definitely see why Roy picks up his share of the top recruits. Not sure why he looks like he is winning _all_ of the battles...

Man, this hurts and I forgot about james McAdoo. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    Agreed. The question is really why? Can definitely see why Roy picks up his share of the top recruits. Not sure why he looks like he is winning _all_ of the battles...
    At this point, I'm not sure anything stands more in K's way than another NC. At the VERY least, a couple of straight Final Four runs. Recruits may be doubting K's ability to "get the job done," as it were.

Over the Top

Wow, what a performance. 18 years old, center stage, a crowd of middle america waiting on your every move, the standing ovation...All this for a kid who can put a ball through a basket. Maybe it is sour grapes, but man there are more important things in life than hoops.

Oh well, we lost once again to Roy and to UNC. It stinks, but they are categorically better than us at every phase. Anyone out there still think K being the Olympic coach is a good thing?

I'm tired of losing to unc on every front.

one season

The new world order can change fast. One good run to the Final Four.

Relax guys IF Barnes is as good as advertised he was a one and done, and how much does that really help. Yeah I know Carmello etc. Getting a good point guard was much more important IMHO. So we got the recruit we really needed.

I think the key to UNC resurgence was Tyler Hansborough and he was a not quite elite type NBA type player so he stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    Man, this hurts and I forgot about james McAdoo. Ugh!
    A lot of the other recruits are going to be doing a lot of sitting next year.