I'm Wearing a Carolina T-Shirt Today

My clinic nurse and I had a bet on the game. She and her husband are big Tarheel fans, so we bet that if Duke won, she would wear one of my wife's Duke t-shirts to clinic this morning, and if Carolina won I would wear one of her husband's Tar Heel t-shirts to clinic this morning.

I manned up, and am currently wearing a 2005 NCAA Men's National Champions Carolina t-shirt. Obviously, I'm wearing an undershirt so that my skin will be protected from blistering at the touch of Carolina blue swag. My only solace: she didn't bring in her husband's replica Tyler Hansbrough jersey. That may have caused projectile vomiting...

Anybody else in a similarly uncomfortable predicament today?

You should shower immediately after work. Then hopefully rub it in their faces on Friday when you-know-who commits to Duke. Or if you are the more dignified type, just pretend like today never happened.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Get some masking tape and spell out "sucks" under the carolina part.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Maybe I should get a fat suit and write "Sean May" on the back of the shirt...

Or put a Jayhawk sticker on it...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Or put a Jayhawk sticker on it...
    Perfect

Poor baby!

Don't you have a "9F" button? I've heard that the ability to accessorize is what separates us from the animals!
    Love, Ima

a nice touch...

Would be to ACT like the typical UNC lout ..

Take a ride thru NCSU, be loud, brash, extend the finger for good measure.
    BE the Tarheel we all dislike.

Do you have an urge to shuffle your feet when you are supposed to be standing still?

Do you have an urge to do a silly celebratory dance at the slightest provocation?

Do others speak more slowly to you?

You should pull it up over your head, then do a little dance and call yourself Danny Green.

...Or take it off at the end of the day and give them a little Speedo Guy before you give it back.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    I'm stuck in a new long sleeve knit jersey whose texture is somewhere between thorns and sandpaper, and it's giving me a miserable rash.

Still, at least I'm not wearing Carolina crap, so thank you for sharing!

We should all admire your faith and bravery in making that bet, given that Duke was an 8.5 point underdog going in. I salute you, sir. You are a brave and faithful fan.

thank you, one and all, for your ideas and support. The bet was to wear the swag until 12:00 noon, EST. At exactly 12:00, not a second later, I shed the pastel blue shirt and have now returned to wearing a deeper, better shade of blue.

We better beat those 'Holes come basketball season, because I'll be issuing the challenge again.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    My clinic nurse and I had a bet on the game. She and her husband are big Tarheel fans, so we bet that if Duke won, she would wear one of my wife's Duke t-shirts to clinic this morning, and if Carolina won I would wear one of her husband's Tar Heel t-shirts to clinic this morning.

I manned up, and am currently wearing a 2005 NCAA Men's National Champions Carolina t-shirt. Obviously, I'm wearing an undershirt so that my skin will be protected from blistering at the touch of Carolina blue swag. My only solace: she didn't bring in her husband's replica Tyler Hansbrough jersey. That may have caused projectile vomiting...

Kudos for manning up on your bet and not accessorizing or taking a cheap dig with a button or tape. Being on the losing end of a bet stinks, but you did Duke proud by being a man of your word and sticking by your team.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Kudos for manning up on your bet and not accessorizing or taking a cheap dig with a button or tape. Being on the losing end of a bet stinks, but you did Duke proud by being a man of your word and sticking by your team.
    "being a man" while wearing carolina blew?

I guess there is a first time for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post

HAHAHAHAHAH.

Go out and catch a nice fat skunk in the shirt before you hand it back to your nurse. Or better yet, wear it with your legs coming out the arm holes.