Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    oh hell yes! its in the west union building and was both the the number one reason i loved duke and the number one reason i gained 10 pounds my first semester.
    Really? Sadly, I think Chick-fil-a is one of the more "healthy" options at Duke. It's the dillo that absolutely destroyed my weight. Hands down, no questions asked, the best place on campus

The East Campus Food Court did something to my GI tract in 1989, and I have never quite recovered.

Or maybe it was the Schaefer beer...

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Really? Sadly, I think Chick-fil-a is one of the more "healthy" options at Duke. It's the dillo that absolutely destroyed my weight. Hands down, no questions asked, the best place on campus
    Chips. And. Queso.

For the record, I have great memories of grabbing Chick-Fil-A at the beginning of my afternoon break... and then eating with some buddies on a quad bench (on a beautiful spring day) or going back to the dorm to watch PTI. I often pine for those days as I spend afternoons in this windowless office.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    But, what bowls really want is fans who will travel, not fans who already live there. Fans who travel stay in hotels, buy stuff, and eat in restaurants. Fans who already live in the city do not. Ticket sales are only a small part of the picture of a bowl's economic impact upon a city.

That said, because of Durham's proximity to Atlanta, I think you would see a fair number of Duke fans travel down for the game. We wouldn't bring in as many fans as -- for example -- Clemson or UNC, but it would be a decent crowd, I would suspect.

It would likely take 8 wins, including an upset of Ga Tech or Miami, to get Duke to the Chick-fil-a Bowl (a fairly high profile bowl game with a large payout), but I think it is possible.

--Jason "lets just win out and go to a BCS bowl, ok?" Evans
    You're absolutely right...but having it in ATL would allow the other main centers of Duke alumni to have easy travel to the game. Same if it were in any of the other centers I mentioned. We don't have a huge alumni base, but I bet you put us in a bowl game in either of those locales, and you see a ton of Duke fans showing up.

Oh yea, I agree that we should just win out and go to the Orange Bowl. I mean, getting to go back to my old stomping grounds in Miami...man. I will serve as tour guide for the DBR group! LOL
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    You're absolutely right...but having it in ATL would allow the other main centers of Duke alumni to have easy travel to the game. Same if it were in any of the other centers I mentioned. We don't have a huge alumni base, but I bet you put us in a bowl game in either of those locales, and you see a ton of Duke fans showing up.

Oh yea, I agree that we should just win out and go to the Orange Bowl. I mean, getting to go back to my old stomping grounds in Miami...man. I will serve as tour guide for the DBR group! LOL
    Since Thad and the Killer V's are from Miami, it would be a great setting for a trip to a bowl game.

How far we have come.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine