Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Nolan Smith out for first 2 regular season games

Nolan apparently played in an unsanctioned game this summer and must sit the first two regular season games. Coach K said this during the pregame radio show tonight.

Bummer for Nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by pratt '04 View Post
    Bummer for Nolan.
    Bummer for our team.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Very happy that it's only 2 games.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Oh, heck. That horrid actions have consequences reality strikes again.

This should give Andre some good burn on the court. And yes luckly it's only the first two games.

Yeah, it'll be okay. I think we'll get past UNC-G and Coastal Carolina without Smith. If anything, it'll give Dawkins and maybe Czyz a bit more of a chance to get their feet wet. And Smith will still have plenty of time to gel with the team before ACC play begins.

What kind of unsanctioned game was it? Like pick-up with UNC players? Surely as a senior he would have figured out by now to avoid situations like that...

Quote Originally Posted by camcraz25 View Post
    What kind of unsanctioned game was it? Like pick-up with UNC players? Surely as a senior he would have figured out by now to avoid situations like that...
    He's a Junior my friend.

Why is he not playing tonight? This is an exhibition.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell1977 View Post
    Why is he not playing tonight? This is an exhibition.
    To help prepare the team for the first two games, as per K.

So... Wall is suspended for 2 games... 1 exhibition, 1 regular season. Then Nolan gets suspended for 2 games... both regular season. Interesting...

hahahaha good point. If it were the other way around they're would be OUTRAGE.

That's weird. Nolan is playing right now

Quote Originally Posted by Hancock 4 Duke View Post
    That's weird. Nolan is playing right now
    Nolan was suspended for 2 regular season games. Apparently Coach K wanted to see how the team functions without Nolan? so he sat the first-half...

Don't know much about the game. During the radio broadcast tonight they said Nolan originally thought it was just a pick up game with some pro players, but because they kept score and time, it is a violation in which Nolan reported to Duke and Duke reported to the NCAA.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue08 View Post
    Don't know much about the game. During the radio broadcast tonight they said Nolan originally thought it was just a pick up game with some pro players, but because they kept score and time, it is a violation in which Nolan reported to Duke and Duke reported to the NCAA.
    That sounds strange. What about the summer league they play in, doesn't it include pros as well? All those stats are recorded and reported.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Oh, thank goodness the NCAA keeps us all safe from degradation. My goodness, what would we do without their benevolent oversight.

I wonder if sanctioned means that NCAA gets their cut, and unsanctioned means they don't. Just my inherent cynical nature.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That sounds strange. What about the summer league they play in, doesn't it include pros as well? All those stats are recorded and reported.
    The Greater NC Pro-Am website contains this disclaimer on its front page:

All Division I College players must obtain clearance from their University and view mandatory video. See our Certification section for details.
    I believe the issue with Nolan Smith is he didn't obtain permission in advance to participate in the game because he thought it was going to be just pick-up.
    Bob Green

Here's an article on what I assume are the games in question:

http://www.dcmetrosports.com/content/view/5709/54/

As someone said earlier, it's ridiculous that Wall takes money form an agent and Nolan doesn't check to see if the tournament he's in is sanctioned and they both get the same penalty.

Read Icculous.