Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    So how DO we match up with Kerlina?

I have read that their D has a lot of speed and a lot of highly rated and very athletic recruits. I could see them giving our youngish receivers a hard, physical day.

Their Offense doesn't seem to have clicked much yet. Cut certainly has seemed to get more with less (at least based on recruiting rankings).
    Here's everything you'd care to know about the Heels from a statistical standpoint:

http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/r...ar=2009&week=9

and about the Blue Devils so far this year:

Which basically confirms a few impressions:
    UNC has a very good defense and a not very productive offense
    Duke is taking advantage of turnovers and passing very well

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Carolina has opened as a 7.5 point favorite:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college%...s/las%2Dvegas/
    Works for me...we were supposed to lose to State and UVA, too.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Works for me...we were supposed to lose to State and UVA, too.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow...l-be-televised

IT WILL BE ON TV! Now you just need to find a place with ESPNU.

Still, better than ESPN360.

Also, 7.5 is about what i expected.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Here's everything you'd care to know about the Heels from a statistical standpoint:

and about the Blue Devils so far this year:

Which basically confirms a few impressions:
    UNC has a very good defense and a not very productive offense
    Duke is taking advantage of turnovers and passing very well
    The key other points: UNC's pass D is marginally better if that than UVA's (though unlike UVA, UNC faced 2 1-AA teams this year, The Citadel and GSU, so that levels those two). UNC's Run D is hugely better than UVA's.

UNC's run defense is unlikely to be much of a factor. So, in essence, consider the passing matchup to be similar to last week, even if UNC does not run the 3-4 defense.

Offense-wise, UNC is slightly better than UVA.

Sooo, yeah, should be a very similar matchup. Build off last week and we can WIN.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

This should be a really good game in chapel-hill next saturday between duke and unc.

Carolina's front 4 on Defense is insanly good. With Marvin Austin and Quinton Sturdivant, our offensive line will have to play an amazing game to give Thad a lot of time.

If thad has time in the pocket for most of the game, Duke should be able to put up a lot of points. This should be a really good game.

Duke- 23
    UNC- 20

Does anyone know of a place to get a streaming broadcast of the game on radio? I don't get ESPNU and local sports bars are a pain around here. I have been thrilled with the games on 360, but it looks like Duke/UNC won't be carried simultaneously on 360. So the next best is the radio broadcast. My city doesn't have a Duke affiliate radio station (at least according to GoDuke), so I'd like to find somewhere to stream it over the 'net.

Any pointers? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Does anyone know of a place to get a streaming broadcast of the game on radio? I don't get ESPNU and local sports bars are a pain around here. I have been thrilled with the games on 360, but it looks like Duke/UNC won't be carried simultaneously on 360. So the next best is the radio broadcast. My city doesn't have a Duke affiliate radio station (at least according to GoDuke), so I'd like to find somewhere to stream it over the 'net.

Any pointers? Thanks!
    You can usually catch the game on www.wsfl.com, but you'll have to put up with the color commentator. But hey, it's free and you'll have radio access to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSean View Post
    You can usually catch the game on www.wsfl.com, but you'll have to put up with the color commentator. But hey, it's free and you'll have radio access to the game.
    Actually, I don't think free radio access is available any longer. Since ISP has taken over some of the marketing functions, I don't believe the radio affiliates offer a free stream.

goduke.com has "Duke Inside Access" available for Audio/Video or just Audio, and can be purchased annually or monthly.

http://www.goduke.com/liveEvents/liv...DB_OEM_ID=4200

Don't have it myself, so I can't comment on quality, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Actually, I don't think free radio access is available any longer. Since ISP has taken over some of the marketing functions, I don't believe the radio affiliates offer a free stream.

goduke.com has "Duke Inside Access" available for Audio/Video or just Audio, and can be purchased annually or monthly.

http://www.goduke.com/liveEvents/liv...DB_OEM_ID=4200

Don't have it myself, so I can't comment on quality, etc.
    I listened to the 10/31 game online from wsfl - no fee paid.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Me too.

Because this is the Internet, I don't have hints like voice inflection or facial expression to help me interpret your comment about the color commentator.

The broadcast is the Duke Radio Network with Bob Harris, Wes Chesson (shoestring play against UNC) and Anthony Dilweg (QB who's held records at Duke). I often choose to listen to the Duke Radio Network in conjunction with any TV coverage. The guys whose voices you hear know many stories, Duke history and inside info not available anywhere else.

This link is free access to the Duke Radio Network. What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Because this is the Internet, I don't have hints like voice inflection or facial expression to help me interpret your comment about the color commentator.

The broadcast is the Duke Radio Network with Bob Harris, Wes Chesson (shoestring play against UNC) and Anthony Dilweg (QB who's held records at Duke). I often choose to listen to the Duke Radio Network in conjunction with any TV coverage. The guys whose voices you hear know many stories, Duke history and inside info not available anywhere else.

This link is free access to the Duke Radio Network. What's not to like?
    I'll make it easier. Listening to Bob Harris is at times, painful to say the least, especially when he's your first line of information about the game. He routinely gets people's names mixed up, especially Varner/Vernon (sometimes we have a 3rd WR named Verner), and makes premature calls on the field which gets my emotions all weirded up (high-to-low, or low-to-high), ie, saying we picked up a first down when in fact we're short by a yard, or the opposite.

Anyways, I shouldn't complain too much. Could be worse and I could be only following on ESPN Gamecast.

I'll make it easier. Listening to Bob Harris is at times, painful to say the least,
    Blasphemer!

Are you a Carolina plant/troll?

Here are comments form yesterday's media call in show with Coach Cutcliffe

http://bluedevilnation.net/2009/11/c...-of-the-blues/
    Last edited by Bob Green; 11-02-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Fix link

Winnable game. I'm more confident about our abilities than I was two weeks ago. But I'm less confident about UNC's weaknesses than I was two weeks ago.

Married to a UNC fan, I've seen most of their games. Except the patsy games, when I usually find something else to do when it becomes obvious that an upset isn't in the works.

Their defensive line is scary good. Very, very fast. Very good linebackers. Decent but not great secondary.

Their offense has been bad, but I'm worried that a lot of that had to do with the offensive line being hit hard with injuries. I noticed again VPI that they got two starters back (albeit still gimpy) and it showed. Their O-coordinator, whose name escapes me at the moment, impressed me for that game. Could be this is the first game since early in the season where he's had an O-line that gave him enough confidence to expand the play book.

Both teams are young. I think we have fewer starting upperclassmen overall, and they have fewer seniors. So if one team gets a couple of bad breaks, it could cascade.

We have a definate edge at QB. Their qb has a good short passing game, but despite having decent arm strength, seems to lack touch on the long ball. He also seems good for at least one very poor decision leading to a critical turnover per game.

My biggest worries: Their speed on the D-line, and the possibility that a lot of their struggles on offense were the result of a now healing offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    Blasphemer!

Are you a Carolina plant/troll?
    I'm going to assume this is sarcasm. I don't think i've heard Bob call basketball but he's notoriously bad at football coverage.

Like seriously...he'll try and describe everything about a play, fumble around with details (like player names) for 25 seconds....and only at the END describe the end result of the play (rushed for 5 yards, first down, etc.) He also exaggerates a bajillion things and makes wrong calls at times.

It is painful as hell. I appreciate his views, but he just isn't particularly good at giving me the game without making me want to shoot him at least 3 times during the game.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Got my seating assignment today (finally), right smack in the middle of the good guys. Should be a blast, I hope we are packed in and loud!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    I'm going to assume this is sarcasm. I don't think i've heard Bob call basketball but he's notoriously bad at football coverage.

Like seriously...he'll try and describe everything about a play, fumble around with details (like player names) for 25 seconds....and only at the END describe the end result of the play (rushed for 5 yards, first down, etc.) He also exaggerates a bajillion things and makes wrong calls at times.

It is painful as hell. I appreciate his views, but he just isn't particularly good at giving me the game without making me want to shoot him at least 3 times during the game.
    Would you rather listen to Woody Durham?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Brilliant! This is the type of thing I was looking for. I realize radio leaves a lot to be desired, but that's ok. Thanks for all the tips and pointers.

Wink 23...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackdevil View Post
    This should be a really good game in chapel-hill next saturday between duke and unc.

Carolina's front 4 on Defense is insanly good. With Marvin Austin and Quinton Sturdivant, our offensive line will have to play an amazing game to give Thad a lot of time.

If thad has time in the pocket for most of the game, Duke should be able to put up a lot of points. This should be a really good game.

Duke- 23
    UNC- 20
    Is 23 "a lot of points? " or is your score prediction optimism tempered by experience? I think it'll be 30-10.

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Brilliant! This is the type of thing I was looking for. I realize radio leaves a lot to be desired, but that's ok. Thanks for all the tips and pointers.
    You can always shell out 6 bux and get a monthly audio subscription on goduke and listen that way, too...even cheaper if you pay for a year up front.