Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

FB: North Carolina 19, Duke 6

Okay, let's get this started!

Duke has won three straight conference games and is riding high. Carolina is coming off a huge defeat of Virginia Tech after starting the season in the Top 25 and then under performing. I expect the Tar Heels will be favored but what's new? We beat State and Virginia as underdogs on the road and I'm looking forward to beating Carolina at Keenan Stadium.

I'm also looking forward to this week's updated Sagarin ratings. We fell from #64 to #69 after beating Maryland in a downpour last week. Virginia was rated #56 prior to today's game so once again we defeated a higher rated team:

http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm

The ratings will be updated sometime tomorrow and the odds from Vegas will post as well:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-...dds/las-vegas/

Rip'em up! Tear'em up! Give'em hell Duke!
    Bob Green

Duke was a 7 point dog to UVA, I'd imagine about a 9.5 dog at unc, and I like our chances

I just checked a long-term forecast for next Saturday in Chapel Hell.

It read hot and painful for the baby blue.

9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F!!!!!!!!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    It's a tough matchup for both sides, so it bodes for a close game. I'm sure Duke and unc fans will experience highs and lows of emotions. I'm looking forward to leaving Kenan on a high, with the sound of the victory bell still ringing in my ears!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Updated weather forecast for Franklin Street on Saturday night: Bitter and angry, with a chance of tears.

9F 9F 9F 9F

Will the Heels wear their darker blue jerseys so this looks like a Duke intrasquad game?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Will the Heels wear their darker blue jerseys so this looks like a Duke intrasquad game?
    This game could create a strain on the wardrobe for them.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Duke was a 7 point dog to UVA, I'd imagine about a 9.5 dog at unc, and I like our chances

I just checked a long-term forecast for next Saturday in Chapel Hell.

It read hot and painful for the baby blue.

9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F!!!!!!!!
    9.5? We're talking a UNC team that has one legit game where they won by more than 3 (ECU @ Home). Unlikely to be that high. I think 7.5 again.

Bob, Sagarin has already been released, http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt09.htm

We're ranked 63 in the combination ranking, 62 in the ELO ranking (the one that the BCS uses) and 69 in the Predictor Ranking (which measures margin of victory as well).

UNC's about 10 above us.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Its funny, but i see this as a good matchup for us. UNC's offense is just slightly above that of Virginia's (with easier matchups thus far as well, see The Citadel and Georgia Southern).
    UNC rushes better than UVA but passes worse, so i imagine we'll focus on the run like we did vs VT.

Meanwhile, UNC's Defense as a WHOLE is better than Virginia's, but their pass defense is not (Their rush D is MUCH better than UVA's). At best UNC's pass D is even with Virginia's. So, if Thad can perform like we did this week and finish some of his drives, we CAN take this.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    9.5? We're talking a UNC team that has one legit game where they won by more than 3 (ECU @ Home). Unlikely to be that high. I think 7.5 again.

Bob, Sagarin has already been released, http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt09.htm

We're ranked 63 in the combination ranking, 62 in the ELO ranking (the one that the BCS uses) and 69 in the Predictor Ranking (which measures margin of victory as well).

UNC's about 10 above us.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Its funny, but i see this as a good matchup for us. UNC's offense is just slightly above that of Virginia's (with easier matchups thus far as well, see The Citadel and Georgia Southern).
    UNC rushes better than UVA but passes worse, so i imagine we'll focus on the run like we did vs VT.

Meanwhile, UNC's Defense as a WHOLE is better than Virginia's, but their pass defense is not (Their rush D is MUCH better than UVA's). At best UNC's pass D is even with Virginia's. So, if Thad can perform like we did this week and finish some of his drives, we CAN take this.
    One thing I've learned about Duke - Carolina games over the pasty 60+ years: this will be an intense game. The team's records prior to the game offer little to help predict the outcome. This Duke team is hungry to beat Carolina.

Will this also double as the status check thread? I would like to think both Duke and UNC fans are excited that this game counts for more than just the victory bell.

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    Will this also double as the status check thread? I would like to think both Duke and UNC fans are excited that this game counts for more than just the victory bell.
    It's time for the Victory Bell to come back home.

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    Will this also double as the status check thread?
    It's Ozzie's job to start that thread. Can't mess with karma.

-jk

Noted on the Duke-Virginia game thread that Nov 7 is apparently Kerlina's homecoming game. I hope the fact that they scheduled us for their homecoming game is drilled into the minds of our players. It's a sign that the 'Holes think nothing's changed in Durham. They come into the season with their top 25 ranking, thinking about an ACC championship and figuring Nov 7 is an automatic win. Time to send a message: Duke Football is NOT who you want to play for homecoming, 'Holes.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    I really like Ozzie, but his last few threads on this subject have not worked out very well. Maybe he can start an new streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I really like Ozzie, but his last few threads on this subject have not worked out very well. Maybe he can start an new streak.
    We tried that with the last men's basketball game and it still didn't help. I say let Ozzie continue the tradition

GTHC, GTH!!

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    I take my responsibility very seriously. Thanks!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Please, please, please do NOT mention STREAK to Ozzie...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Please, please, please do NOT mention STREAK to Ozzie...
    LOL to that.

Gthc gth

Thumbs up Matchup?

So how DO we match up with Kerlina?

I have read that their D has a lot of speed and a lot of highly rated and very athletic recruits. I could see them giving our youngish receivers a hard, physical day.

Their Offense doesn't seem to have clicked much yet. Cut certainly has seemed to get more with less (at least based on recruiting rankings).

No doubt, playing in chapel hell they will get the favorite status, but their inconsistency will make Vegas a bit leary. I'm thinking the line finishes the week around 6 up for Kerlina. Yep, we got em just where we want em!!

-BDBD

Carolina has opened as a 7.5 point favorite:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college%...s/las%2Dvegas/
    Bob Green