Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good point, Gary.

Anyone see any HB related links today?

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I went to unc for two degrees (but born, raised and remain a Duke fan) and I can assure you the smugness is rampant in CH too. In fact it's probably greater there because unc kids were raised to look down on Duke kids.

It's not really useful for either side when it comes to assessing the job opportunities and lifestyles that alums lead. What it is useful for is pointing out that Roy Williams frequently curses directly into the microphone on national television and Danny Green looks like a tool when he dances.

So please dont act like the guy in the Dean Dome who screams at State fans about barnyard animals and labor intensive jobs. Just simply point out that Dean Smith is the anti-christ and move on.
    Having grown up in Durham and CH, I'd definitely say I've seen vastly greater eliteness and smugness from UNC fans towards NC State, than Duke towards UNC (not that this hasn't occurred as well-admittedly including myself in vastly younger, more immature days).

And as SuperDave points out, actually more claims of academic superiority to Duke from UNC fans/alum(even percentage wise), than the other way around.

Let's leave this peculiar evidence of insecurity to those of the bleached blue.

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I went to unc for two degrees (but born, raised and remain a Duke fan) and I can assure you the smugness is rampant in CH too. In fact it's probably greater there because unc kids were raised to look down on Duke kids.

It's not really useful for either side when it comes to assessing the job opportunities and lifestyles that alums lead. What it is useful for is pointing out that Roy Williams frequently curses directly into the microphone on national television and Danny Green looks like a tool when he dances.

So please dont act like the guy in the Dean Dome who screams at State fans about barnyard animals and labor intensive jobs. Just simply point out that Dean Smith is the anti-christ and move on.
    Now we have it from someone who should know(2 unc degrees). I have heard their smug and outlandish remarks longer than most of you have years on the earth. Their sense of entitlement is way higher than Duke fans. I had a unc fan(female) that worked for me who bragged about just going to the front of the bathroom line at Lawrence Joel(Wake game) because she and her friends are carolina. And I agree with superdave that dean smith is the anti-christ and I think ole roy is the false prophet. Go Duke!

Uh, that was my post y'all are piling up on, and it obviously didn't convey the message I intended, which was this Harrison Barnes-related point. Let me try again without embellishment:

An undergraduate business degree doesn't take one very far in this world. So I hope Harrison Barnes doesn't choose UNC just because they have an undergraduate business degree and Duke doesn't.

How's that? Sorry it wasn't clear. And I apologize that the intended humor flopped. Still, at least my post related to HB's recruitment. The comments ABOUT my post did not.

And if it matters: I went to a big public high school, traveled to Durham on a Trailways bus for four days, had no family financial support for my college, and had never heard of AP classes until I got there.

Folks is a might touchy 'round here.... Self righteous? Self-loathing? Nah... just touchy.