• Jay Leno

10 13.89%
  • I'd rather sleep

23 31.94%

Thread: Conan or Leno

Conan or Leno

Which one?

Leno

I have rarely found Conan to be funny and prefer Leno. However, I've not watched either for several years.

If I am not watching basketball or catching up on something from the DVR, I am probably watching Stewart and Colbert. However, I would take Conan over Leno in a heartbeat.

Craig Ferguson (i voted for coco)

oh and this is an interesting article

Conan's brand of comedy isn't for anyone, but Leno is just awful these days. I'll take the guy who can make me laugh 70% of the time over the guy who can make me laugh 0% of the time any day.

Conan definitely has a "different" style of comedy, which I do appreciate. Leno is just not very funny at all. I'd always choose Letterman over Leno. Not sure who I'd pick between Letterman and Conan. I'm not usually up watching that late.

This must be a generational thing. I'm over fifty and prefer Leno. I'm thinking most older (relatively) would also prefer Leno. I still find his humor funny.
    Tom Mac

I don't watch either anymore simply because there are better options on or I am out. However, Conan is great. Loved his show when i watched it more regularly.

Bill Simmons pointed out the eerie similarities between Conan/Jay and Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre. Very similar situations.

And in case you've ever read the Late Shift, all this meely mouthed "NBC isn't treating Conan right!" from Jay Leno is all an act

NBC is finally getting what it deserves for screwing Letterman over, what is it now, 18 years ago.

Not that I watch Conan. Not that Letterman is anywhere near as edgy as he was at NBC, either. But if I had been in the U.S. the last few days I'd be watching Letterman to get his reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    NBC is finally getting what it deserves for screwing Letterman over, what is it now, 18 years ago.

Not that I watch Conan. Not that Letterman is anywhere near as edgy as he was at NBC, either. But if I had been in the U.S. the last few days I'd be watching Letterman to get his reaction.
    or jimmy kimmel

Letterman vs. Leno, I think Leno is much funnier, both monologue and "schtick". But we usually watch Letterman because that's what Mrs. Ozzie wants to watch. I can't stand Conan.

I used to think Craig Ferguson was the funniest of the bunch, but last February when I was in LA I went to his show (it was during Magician's week). I haven't found Ferguson funny since then. Strange.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

None of them, not as single one of them, can hold a candle to the likes of Johnny Carson, Jack Parr, Steve Allen, or even Jerry Lester.

neither of those guys are as funny or entertaining as jon stewart...or colbert...

make a list of how many times you actually LAUGH during jay OR conan...

then see how many times you laugh at jon stewart...or colbert...

jay will never be johnny....dave will never be johnny...

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Letterman vs. Leno, I think Leno is much funnier, both monologue and "schtick". But we usually watch Letterman because that's what Mrs. Ozzie wants to watch. I can't stand Conan.

I used to think Craig Ferguson was the funniest of the bunch, but last February when I was in LA I went to his show (it was during Magician's week). I haven't found Ferguson funny since then. Strange.
    That's because Ferguson's stand up is SO much funnier than his show schtick.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    That's because Ferguson's stand up is SO much funnier than his show schtick.
    Probably.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post

jay will never be johnny....dave will never be johnny...
    You're entitled to your opinion, but those of us of a certain age remember when Dave had a multi-year streak of being the funniest person on the planet. Well, either him or Steven Wright, but Steven Wright didn't have new material four times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, but those of us of a certain age remember when Dave had a multi-year streak of being the funniest person on the planet. Well, either him or Steven Wright, but Steven Wright didn't have new material four times a week.
    i was a huge FAN of dave's during that period too...however, he just stack up career-wise.

johnny owned it for 30 years...

I'm usually asleep, but I prefer CoCo over Leno

Jay Leno is one of the unfunniest so-called comedians on the planet. And he makes me sick the way he's trying to act like HE'S the one getting put upon. It is ALL his fault. He announced his retirement, then, after NBC arranged the new host, he decides he doesn't want to leave after all. And NBC doesn't want to risk Leno making money off another network, so they come up with the 10pm thing, which everyone knew would be a bust. I heard part of some speech that Leno gave, trying to explain everything from the beginning, but he's changing some facts to make himself look better. BUT, Conan should have known better after the way NBC screwed Letterman. And Dave can just sit back and laugh now. I find it hilarious that Conan is suddenly getting great ratings.

I also went to the Craig Ferguson show a few years ago, and found that he is not even remotely funny. But, Hugh Laurie was a guest so I really didn't care!

that new guy....whats' his name? pat robertson? now he's kinda funny !!