Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A fun Duke bball quiz...

http://www.sporcle.com/games/bdh/Duke_1000_scorers

How many 1000 point scorers for Duke men's basketball can you name in 9 minutes? If anyone can get all 59 of them, major kudos! Even getting half of them may not be a simple matter for us young'uns. Good luck!

Got 37 but somehow it did not take Banks, so I'm sayin' I got 38. Easy to guess with a list of players in front of you.
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 10-27-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: spoiler fix

Got 38, but missed some easy ones like Verga, Spanarkel, Brickey, Marin, and Dennard. If I played my A-game I'd have gotten in the low 40's. BTW, Ricky Price--who knew?
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 10-27-2009 at 02:58 PM. Reason: spoiler fix

38 also. I started with retired jerseys, went to players I remember as stars and then on to players I hear about but never saw. Would have had 40 if I read the directions and saw it included players on this years team. Stupid reading comprehension...

I had no list in front of me and I got 44. Felt really good about that score.

You can see the list as well as how many people have guessed the players by clicking here.

I was particularly proud to nail a few that very few people seem to have gotten including Kevin Strickland , Ricky Price, Vince Taylor, and Kenny Dennard.

--Jason "some of the names that are in the low-teens in terms of people getting them really surprise me" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I had no list in front of me and I got 44. Felt really good about that score.

You can see the list as well as how many people have guessed the players by clicking here.

I was particularly proud to nail a few that very few people seem to have gotten including ....

--Jason "some of the names that are in the low-teens in terms of people getting them really surprise me" Evans
    I'm a tad surprised that our top 2 scorers are #2 and #9 in the percentage of people who got took the quiz. How could you NOT know those two?

Unhappy last place so far

Only 34 for me. Can't believe I forgot Trajan Langdon, one of my all-time favorites. Also missed Ewing, Dunleavy, Spanarkel (spelled him wrong), Boozer and Duhon as my worst omissions.

Smile Did OK

I got 45 just from memory. The only misses in the first column were Trajan (my worst miss) and Ronnie Mayer (before my time, but I remembered to include Bernie Janicki). Other bad miss was Tate Armstrong. I missed Carroll Youngkin because I put a "-man" at the end of his name.

I wasted a lot of time figuring out how to spell Wojo, but he wasn't on the list in any spelling.

sagegrouse

Edit: I looked at the standings, and I was scored in the "100th percentile," which doesn't exist, so I don't believe there is a professional statistician keeping score.

49, but I am calling it 51 since I typed two incorrectly that didn't register as a result. Reading "100 Years of Duke Basketball" really has upped my knowledge level on this kind of stuff.

If you got Katherman, just crown yourself the King right now. I mean really?
    Last edited by BlueintheFace; 10-27-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Only 34 for me. Can't believe I forgot Trajan Langdon, one of my all-time favorites. Also missed Ewing, Dunleavy, Spanarkel (spelled him wrong), Boozer and Duhon as my worst omissions.
    I missed Duhon too, but I can proudly say he was the only player I missed who played after I started following the team.

I would have thought Elton, despite only playing 2 years and missing a chunk of his first year, would have still been ahead guys like Ricky Price and Bilas.

Got 36, but really 37 because I kept mis-spelling Alla Abdelnaby. I missed Jeff Mullins and some of the older guys that I should have gotten. Surprised I got Ricky Price considering his last couple years were very forgettable. Antonio Lang too! He was my favorite back in the early 90's. You guys missed Duhon??!! Shame shame

Wait, yeah, 38! Jim Spanarkel?? Or Spenarkel?

I missed Nate James! That's my big one, damn!

Got 34 right. Biggest one I missed was Danny Ferry (start judging me) and Jay Bilas. Other than that, I hadn't heard of the others. Jus a young gun I guess

I can't believe I missed Dunleavy...

Singler, Scheyer

Based on this list, Scheyer and Singler could reasonably get into the top 20 all time this season. And with a 4th year, Singler could potentially be a top 5 scorer.

That was a tough quiz. I could picture a few guys in my head but was blanking on the names.

Tougher name to spell - Spanarkel or Abdelnaby?

43 including all of the Top 20. I'll take it.

Not list either

Thanks for the quiz. That was a lot of fun! I only got 28, but I also only started following basketball (of any kind) in '01 so I don't feel too bad. I missed only one from that era and got a decent number from before my time.

Named 42 including 27 out of the top 30. Number 20 was Ronnie Mayer, whom I've never heard of. Gonna give myself credit for +1 because I guessed Tom Emma who isn't on the list and assumed that his running mate Chip Engelland wouldn't be on the list either. Gonna give myself another +1 because I guessed Bilas and wasted 30 seconds because I couldn't stop laughing and another +1 because I wasted another 45 seconds trying to spell Wojo's name, even though he didn't make the list.

So 45 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    49, but I am calling it 51 since I typed two incorrectly that didn't register as a result. Reading "100 Years of Duke Basketball" really has upped my knowledge level on this kind of stuff.

If you got Katherman, just crown yourself the King right now. I mean really?
    49 (or 51) is pretty stout but Katherman was easy for me. Same class as Denton and Divenzio, nicknamed the Manchester Rifle, wore #22.