Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I'm in between generations where race was a huge issue and one where from all I can tell based on my interactions with younger people is very insignificant.
    Racism is much harder to spot today than it was generations ago; however, it doesn't follow that it has proportionately declined. I would agree that the overall degree of racism has decreased, but it still exists. And it is absolutely significant.

Let me just interject here... I am not going to moderate any posts in this thread (in retrospect, that is untrue), as I have already participated in the thread, and I wouldn't want anyone to think that I deleted or modified their post due to a personal agenda.

That being said, I would recommend that everyone think about what they are posting in this thread as a reflection of the Duke community and basketball program.

Additionally, this thread will not devolve into a discussion of the PPB, so just be aware of that.

Gracias.
    Last edited by MulletMan; 10-28-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Truthiness
    WWJDD?

I readily admit that I don't get too involved in recruiting issues. I recognize names but not much else about potential recruits. I wait until they start at Duke to pay attention to that part.

That being said, I didn't know about the color of Kyrie's skin until this thread. I only knew he was a highly rated prospect. That makes me chuckle.

Well I guess it's a good thing that black people don't read message boards. I would encourage some of you to REALLY think before you type - PLEASE.

getting off track, but this Chronicle article was still dumb.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    I am - at least temporarily - closing this thread. From the beginning, it really was much more of a public policy thread than a basketball one, and it's only gotten moreso as the posts accumulated. Additionally, given that the subject is race/race relations/racism, it's a highly flammable one as well. That's the kind of stuff we try to avoid here.

I've also deleted a number of threads regarding the demise of the PPB. They were barely, at best, germane to the thread, and started speculations about why it was shut down and so forth. We've said all we're going to say about the demise of the PPB.

If the consensus of the mods is that this thread should remain on topic due to the loose connection to basketball, one of us will reopen it later.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”