Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Who is trying to guard him? Turkoglu is Toronto's starting 2/3... I would love for JJ to abuse that since it always seemed like Hedo wouldn't pass him the ball.

JJ is going back to his duke days baby whoohooo

I think the rims in Canada must be oversized; Toronto is 8/9 from 3 and Orlando is 15/26. JJ is 5/7.

JJ really does look great in this game. He's driving into the lane and hitting the open man once he draws the defender. His ball-handling has really improved.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Don't forget Shane!

See: http://huckleberry.mhc.edu/devilStats.html

--grad_devil
    where's that from?

Thumbs up

I've been watching for half an hour and JJ has not taken a shot. He's done other things to help the cause, though. Ryan Anderson's pretty good. Just win.

Last edited by WiJoe; 11-01-2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: adding 'wisdom'

finished with 27

Also led the team with 5 assists...and only 1 turnover. Led team in point differential when he was on court at +12 and played EIGHT more minutes than the next closest on the team. Nearly 45 minutes on the court? Looks like his senior year at Duke. Endurance was always one of his strong suits. Looks like Van Gundy is liking what he sees on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Also led the team with 5 assists...and only 1 turnover. Led team in point differential when he was on court at +12 and played EIGHT more minutes than the next closest on the team. Nearly 45 minutes on the court? Looks like his senior year at Duke. Endurance was always one of his strong suits. Looks like Van Gundy is liking what he sees on the court.
    I listened to the game and he played very well. In fact, Orlando only had 8 or 9 guys available to play - and he was the only shooting guard available.

Yea, but...

Great game for JJ, but its important to remember that both Carter(ankle) and Pietrus(Flu) didn't play. They are big contributers and play alot, so their abscence left a large void of minutes. While JJ played well, once they are healthy, they will get their minutes back from JJ.

The ORL-TOR game is over, and JJ finished with 27pts, 5ast, and 6rbs. He went 8-14 from the field, 5-8 from 3, and hit 6/7 FTs.

Great game!! Came down to the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by 05/18/2005 View Post
    Great game for JJ, but its important to remember that both Carter(ankle) and Pietrus(Flu) didn't play. They are big contributers and play alot, so their abscence left a large void of minutes. While JJ played well, once they are healthy, they will get their minutes back from JJ.
    sheesh debbie downer haha

its just good to see him playing again and TAKING advantage of it

Just goes to show you....if he's given minutes and shots, he'll contribute greatly and put up good numbers. If this doesn't lead to him getting more touches regularly even when Pietrus and that other guy get back then PLEASE trade him to someone who will give JJ minutes & touches.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    I think the rims in Canada must be oversized; Toronto is 8/9 from 3 and Orlando is 15/26. JJ is 5/7.
    Maybe someone should check the rims. Howard was 14-16 on free throws!

Smile Devils in the NBA stats page

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    where's that from?
    See my post in the first page of this thread. Here it is, below:
    Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Last year I wrote a script that scrapes the Dukies in the NBA from ESPN's Daily Leader page. It still seems to work ok, although I can't guarantee uptime. It's nothing fancy, so don't get your hopes up! I was short on time and threw it together because it was taking too long to find all of our guys' stats.

Feel free to bookmark it here: http://huckleberry.mhc.edu/devilStats.html

Last year's pages can be found: http://huckleberry.mhc.edu/devilStats/2008_2009

As long as my IT admin doesn't start complaining about bw issues, I'll be glad to host.

--grad_devil

It updates itself after midnight, and it's not real-time statistics (and also doesn't track DNPs), but if you want something to read with your morning coffee, it should do the trick.

--grad_devil

awesome....now i don't have to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by 05/18/2005 View Post
    Hm. For someone only ranked as "Hoop Dreams" your insight on NBA playing time and what coaches will or will not do is pretty dramatic. How do you know that they will get their minutes back?

Big game for JJ!!!

JJ had, arguably, his finest NBA game to date today. He played nearly 45 minutes, scoring 27 points with 6 rebounds, 5 assists and only 1 turnover. He also had 5 3-pointers and was tied for the team lead in +/- with a +12.

Adding to the Duke fan delights, this performance involved starting in place of the injured Vince Carter (whom I certainly wish no ill will). Also, per the game recap, in reference to their game the night before last,

“Coach K called me right after the game,” Redick said. “He said, ‘It’s right there, you’re going to have one of your games where you knock down five or six 3s.’ I didn’t know it would be this soon.”

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy

I am so happy for him. I just want to see him get to some burn. He has spent so much time watching. He always plays well when he gets minutes