Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    On the West Coast, watching June 17, 1994 right now. It's fantastic. Really neat style. Not at all a documentary, in the traditional sense of the word, as there is no "talking head" commentary. It's just clips from the news showing all the other moments in sports that day (which were huge - Arnold's last US Open, the NY Rangers Stanley Cup victory parade, Game 5 of the NBA Finals, Griffey setting the record for fastest to 30 home runs in a season (off of David Cone, no less), and the opening of the '94 World Cup in the US) interspersed with news coverage of Orenthal James and his white Bronco escapade. It's really quite captivating. I highly recommend catching this on replay if you didn't see it on first showing.
    By the way, I have a very specific memory of the OJ chase. I was in middle school at the time, and a bunch of friends and I were playing ping pong in the garage with the OJ coverage on the radio (a yellow, battery powered Sony boombox). As middle schoolers, we didn't appreciate the full import of the OJ chase, but it was captivating nonetheless.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I remember them cutting into the NBA Finals to show the chase in split screen. I was in Texas at the time and I remember just sitting there and watching the whole thing in my living room with my family.

I haven't watched the 30 for 30 yet...it's recording tomorrow since I forgot to set the DVR for tonight.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    I remember them cutting into the NBA Finals to show the chase in split screen. I was in Texas at the time and I remember just sitting there and watching the whole thing in my living room with my family.

I haven't watched the 30 for 30 yet...it's recording tomorrow since I forgot to set the DVR for tonight.
    Yeah, I grew up in Southern California, so there was a bit of a special connection to the whole OJ situation. Didn't stop us from playing ping pong, though.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I was in the hospital, recovering from surgery. My choice of channels was limited, to say the least, so the only thing I could get was 3-4 stations of a white Bronco.