25th High School Reunion

So, I'm going to my 25th high school reunion this weekend and have no idea what to wear. Should I go casual in jeans? Or wear a suit and tie? Or somewhere in the middle such as khakis and a button down shirt or a suit and no tie? It's been bugging me all week.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

I don't think you can lose either way. At mine, guys have worn suits, khakis, jeans. Whatever you feel comfortable probably will work. If you wear suit and tie, you can always take it off the tie and jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So, I'm going to my 25th high school reunion this weekend and have no idea what to wear. Should I go casual in jeans? Or wear a suit and tie? Or somewhere in the middle such as khakis and a button down shirt or a suit and no tie? It's been bugging me all week.
    The location where the reunion will be held may give you a clue regarding attire. I would say that the guys who dressed up a little bit at my 25th. reunion made a better impression than those who dressed down. If you know anyone on the planning committee, you might ask him/her.

As you get older you consider what will not show the drooling as obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    The location where the reunion will be held may give you a clue regarding attire. I would say that the guys who dressed up a little bit at my 25th. reunion made a better impression than those who dressed down. If you know anyone on the planning committee, you might ask him/her.
    Agreed about the location being a determining factor. I've only had a 10 year reunion (not quite old enough for the 25 yet) but we had it in a bar in NYC. The people who showed up in suits looked like they were trying to impress people. Who wears a suit to a NYC bar? I think it's pretty hard to go wrong w/ a "business casual" type attire.

The reunion's at http://kaseysrvc.com/default.aspx?pageId=1, a neighborhood bar/grill in the town I grew up in.
    Rich

Slacks, a nice, lightweight crewneck sweater and a sportcoat will let you fit in no matter what everyone else is wearing.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Khakis and a nice shirt, tie optional. Not that it matters, but I'm female. I like a nice looking man in a suit but it might be too formal, go the khakis route. You'll look like you cared enough to put some effort into it but not like you were trying to show anybody up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Not that it matters, but I'm female.
    I'm married. Getting advice from a female always matters!
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    Slacks, a nice, lightweight crewneck sweater and a sportcoat will let you fit in no matter what everyone else is wearing.
    Yeah, Cav is right. I should have worn good pants and a sportcoat to my 25th. In retrospect, I was a little too casual (Mrs. Turk didn't care, so I wore jeans). I think a tie or a suit will probably be overkill. Your call on what to wear under the jacket: button-down, mock turtle, crewneck sweater, etc.
    "Quality is not an option!"